• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Where the waist sits on the body is a question anatomical. Whether someone wants trousers that sit on, above, or below that point is up to them.

But many people seem to think that having trousers sit at their proper waist is 'high-rise,' so in that sense I suppose it is.

Trousers that sit at the waist generally look odd without something to cover them, IMO. But they look much better with a jacket, and don't fall down.

I suppose that makes sense. I guess I'm the oddball here because I typically don't wear my jacket buttoned and I almost always take it off when indoors for an extended period of time.

I had ordered my first pair of high rise covert trousers during the last sale and ended up returning them because wearing pants at my natural waist just looked and felt odd, but I suppose that's due to the fact that I'm not covering them up the way one normally would. I just tried wearing my regular S&M trousers at my natural waist and the seat was ridiculously tight.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose that makes sense. I guess I'm the oddball here because I typically don't wear my jacket buttoned and I almost always take it off when indoors for an extended period of time.

I had ordered my first pair of high rise covert trousers during the last sale and ended up returning them because wearing pants at my natural waist just looked and felt odd, but I suppose that's due to the fact that I'm not covering them up the way one normally would. I just tried wearing my regular S&M trousers at my natural waist and the seat was ridiculously tight.

I'm guessing that S&M trousers are cut to sit slightly below the waist, which is where many men wear them these days. And if you're going to be taking off the jacket mainly, then a lower rise is a good thing.

This is a great example of how they should sit otherwise:

rogermoore.jpg

quigleysr

Reaction score
I held out when it was first released. And 20% off at Black Friday. And 25% off Boxing Day. And no black tie events any time soon but couldn’t pass it up anymore during the liquidation.

There is some bowing in the chest with extra Covid weight and sleeves need shortened but I love it. Shown with off-white cord shirt and slate blue chinos.

B2BB1A60-A49F-49C2-9B80-219391721C1B.jpeg

7E4BF937-0ED6-491D-B931-37D68D4DAFA3.jpeg

ULCajun

Reaction score
How dark are they? I know S&M photos normally lighten up the products a lot compared to IRL shots
I think the photos are pretty accurate. I find them to be more of a gray. Note that I did bump up to slim for any high rise trousers this season. Same size though. See middle piece in attached photo

Attachments

• DF35C5FC-AB7B-458D-8CC9-134339CE7BA1.jpeg
    DF35C5FC-AB7B-458D-8CC9-134339CE7BA1.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 75

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the photos are pretty accurate. I find them to be more of a gray. Note that I did bump up to slim for any high rise trousers this season. Same size though
I have a pair of 28 Slim trousers in normal rise, but was too tight in thigh/crotch when sitting down. Was thinking of sizing up, but now hesitating if that is the case

thisfits

Reaction score
I held out when it was first released. And 20% off at Black Friday. And 25% off Boxing Day. And no black tie events any time soon but couldn’t pass it up anymore during the liquidation.

There is some bowing in the chest with extra Covid weight and sleeves need shortened but I love it. Shown with off-white cord shirt and slate blue chinos.

Looking good. FYI, tuxedo pants are just $59 in the trouser liquidation ...

quigleysr

Reaction score
Looking good. FYI, tuxedo pants are just $59 in the trouser liquidation ...

Haha thanks for enabling but I have a full rig that barely gets used as it is, so I am all set for now. Though an extra odd pair may not be a bad idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics