• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

milktoast

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Tried OTR and while close, it was a tad too tight around the gut. Went MTM and after a few iterations the fit is spot on. Now I just call the downtown store whenever I need a new batch.
This is quite a flex.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
This is quite a flex.

Haha I suppose the wording implied I'm buying batches by the dozen like a baller. I wait for sales that apply to MTM and order 3-4, usually works out to 50-60 for a shirt which isn't all that bad for something MTM.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
San Diego, 72 Degrees, A Lil Wool A Lil Silk, A Lil S&M...

20201204_214917.jpg

The Deep (Pleats)...
20201204_215424.jpg

20201204_214950.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never intrigued by this Marling & Evans fabric currently offered by Spier & Mackay through MTO. But having seen this outfit, I'm actually starting to consider it for a future jacket. Such an elegant autumnal outfit.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never intrigued by this Marling & Evans fabric currently offered by Spier & Mackay through MTO. But having seen this outfit, I'm actually starting to consider it for a future jacket. Such an elegant autumnal outfit.

I agree this looks great. Brown sport coats are great during FW for dressing up or down

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree this looks great. Brown sport coats are great during FW for dressing up or down
Agreed. Just thought that it was to bright of a brown shade. Almost wheat like. As such, I had a difficult time envisioning how to utilise it. But I'm reconsidering now. It'll be a strong contender during the next MTO sale.

mbb355

Reaction score
Agreed. Just thought that it was to bright of a brown shade. Almost wheat like. As such, I had a difficult time envisioning how to utilise it. But I'm reconsidering now. It'll be a strong contender during the next MTO sale.
Yeah I don’t think it’s too light, more of a nice mid brown. Which is extremely useful because you can wear it with either dark (charcoal, navy) or light (stone, cream) trousers. Not all jackets have that flexibility.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think it’s too light, more of a nice mid brown. Which is extremely useful because you can wear it with either dark (charcoal, navy) or light (stone, cream) trousers. Not all jackets have that flexibility.
Indeed, that kind of flexibility is great to have. Personally, I don't mind the northern lights look. I love wearing charcoal or dark gray trousers. My initial hesitation was because I thought it had a wheat shade and thus, in addition to being bright would be too yellow-ish as well. But the above setup makes it look cooler in colour while still being earthy, which I prefer. It's added to the wish list.

mbb355

Reaction score
Indeed, that kind of flexibility is great to have. Personally, I don't mind the northern lights look. I love wearing charcoal or dark gray trousers. My initial hesitation was because I thought it had a wheat shade and thus, in addition to being bright would be too yellow-ish as well. But the above setup makes it look cooler in colour while still being earthy, which I prefer. It's added to the wish list.
I also love wearing dark trousers, just seems to make the legs look sleek. And I like dark colors generally. But with dark colors, I prefer a “mid”-colored jacket like this. Not something too light. Otherwise the contrast with the dark trousers is too stark. That’s why “mid”-colored jackets like this are so useful.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also love wearing dark trousers, just seems to make the legs look sleek. And I like dark colors generally. But with dark colors, I prefer a “mid”-colored jacket like this. Not something too light. Otherwise the contrast with the dark trousers is too stark. That’s why “mid”-colored jackets like this are so useful.
I agree. I don't actually own any bright jackets. This year's Abraham Moon brown houndstooth and Marling & Evans undyed check are actually the brightest I have. The M&E brown windowpane above will be a great addition.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any 42R slim they don't really wear and could stand to part with? Looking for some the hot items from past seasons before I discovered S&M

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads