• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of that dinner jacket coming soon?
I'm heading off to work right now, but I'll throw a few up in the evening when I'm back. Sorry about that, totally slipped my mind since I haven't worn anything fancy since March haha

postjack

Reaction score
Wanted to share a real life picture of the new corduroy shirts. This is the royal blue, 15.5 contemporary, straight out of the box. I'm 5'10', 167 lbs. I take a 34 sleeve and the 15.5 comes with 35 sleeves. I'm going to try to shrink this a little in the laundry to get it just right.

Colour is true to the website pictures. I was a little surprised how light the corduroy fabric is; I also bought an oxford cloth shirt and I'd say the oxford feels thicker. I would have enjoyed a more hefty, rugged corduroy but am still glad I grabbed this at full price. Don't have anything else like it.

View attachment 1509166
View attachment 1509168
View attachment 1509167

thanks for sharing these pics. IMO it looks great on you. which worries me a little because i'm 185lbs/5'11" and also ordered the same shirt in the same size. but i've tried a 16 contemporary on me in another S&M model and it was too big, and the measurements on the site for the 15.5 look right for me, so hopefully it works out in the chest and and stomach. i'm a 33" arm so i already know they will be too long, which is fine, i have to have the arms shortened on pretty much every sportshirt i purchase anyway.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of that dinner jacket coming soon?
Had to swing back, here's a couple quickies:

20201204_081104.jpg

20201204_081024.jpg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the structured sportcoats have the same size armholes as the current cut which just last night after comparing with 6 other otr/mto brands I find to be much more restricting in movement then I won't be buying any more SM jackets for a while. Might look decent for someone with small shoulders though as long as he doesn't have to raise his hand in the boardroom meeting (if you enter that room you should have bespoke anyway).

Love the romanticized idea you have of people in the board room all impeccably dressed! ...obviously not at all based on reality

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, ordered this and the emerald tweed Nov 25 and I've just been (im)patiently waiting for a shipping notice. Looks amazing.
Nov 25th and no shipping notice yet? I think I’ve placed 2 orders since then and both have been shipping and delivered to me in Canada already

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Nov 25th and no shipping notice yet? I think I’ve placed 2 orders since then and both have been shipping and delivered to me in Canada already

Yeah, I figured with the BF and CM sales they're probably behind a little, but I usually get shipping noticed pretty quickly too (located in TO). Maybe I'll poke them.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured with the BF and CM sales they're probably behind a little, but I usually get shipping noticed pretty quickly too (located in TO). Maybe I'll poke them.
With the Black Friday sales, myself and others posted here that they were rather quick and shipped the next day after ordering. Usually it takes a couple days max for me, when it takes longer sometimes something is OOS or another issue

wildcat10

Reaction score
With the Black Friday sales, myself and others posted here that they were rather quick and shipped the next day after ordering. Usually it takes a couple days max for me, when it takes longer sometimes something is OOS or another issue

I received a shipping notification on the next day for my Thanksgiving order. I am still waiting for shipping notifications for my December 1st orders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads