• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO if you post a pic, it’s fair game for people to critique it if they do please.

What critique? Imo it was a simple passing comment on jacket length which may help the owner to reconsider his standard cut. I didn't know it was a pre-composed IG worthy perfect photo.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how long it takes for these recent drops of more traditionally cut and structured sportcoats to move to the sale/liquidation lot.

If the structured sportcoats have the same size armholes as the current cut which just last night after comparing with 6 other otr/mto brands I find to be much more restricting in movement then I won't be buying any more SM jackets for a while. Might look decent for someone with small shoulders though as long as he doesn't have to raise his hand in the boardroom meeting (if you enter that room you should have bespoke anyway).

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't post fits, seeing as how it's been well over a year since you've even posted in the main "WAYWT" thread - not a fit, I might add. And I didn't miss them. I saw you get dunked on, time and time again. So, it is curious as to why you stopped.

This being one of my favorite responses to your "expertise".

Oh why I'm so glad you asked. Please let me elaborate. For me posting style fits on SF is a waste simply because I have learnt all I needed from here and nobody can improve on my personal style further and I have no need to garner likes from the internet like some people. Real life opinions of my target audience is all that matter and I listen to their inputs rather than online strangers who do not understand what works in my locale and social life. For instance, just yesterday someone told me that having "shirring on the shoulder" makes me looked like I'm wearing a girl's jacket whereas I don't like it to begin with because imo it makes me looks older not to mention a passing fad like the pagoda shoulders. Just the total opposite of someone who dreams to be an Italian in Naples 50 years ago. Then there are deliberate cut choices such as shorter jackets to prevent the side bottoms from scraping nasty dirt from public benches and allow me to drive a car more comfortably. You failed to notice I have limited myself from posting on SF not only because Fok hellbanned me for my honesty so posting anything is difficult (like 3 submit clicks to submit 1 post) but also to only post things that I deem helpful to others.

Since you're new you may not noticed that the experienced SF vets have left or became silent readers so very few dare to make the effort to say it as is. There are people who dressed up so unusual imo even like pimps in WAYWT but I don't comment on them simply because it is their personal styles that may work wherever they're at. When I comment on your fit I stay within the boundary of CM unlike the offline notes I got on your pics from SF vets that are simply too brutal to post here. Note that I don't repost them to gain some weight of my position. Please comment like the way you're dressed up.

Now please reply with "I appreciate your perspective in this thread and other threads as you offer a contrary point of view to most online participants." With a smile or a smirk if you can't.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought the camera angle looked a little tilted after a second or a third look. but at first glance the jacket looks too long.

loaferman

Reaction score
Oh why I'm so glad you asked. Please let me elaborate. For me posting style fits on SF is a waste simply because I have learnt all I needed from here and nobody can improve on my personal style further and I have no need to garner likes from the internet like some people. Real life opinions of my target audience is all that matter and I listen to their inputs rather than online strangers who do not understand what works in my locale and social life. For instance, just yesterday someone told me that having "shirring on the shoulder" makes me looked like I'm wearing a girl's jacket whereas I don't like it to begin with because imo it makes me looks older not to mention a passing fad like the pagoda shoulders. Just the total opposite of someone who dreams to be an Italian in Naples 50 years ago. Then there are deliberate cut choices such as shorter jackets to prevent the side bottoms from scraping nasty dirt from public benches and allow me to drive a car more comfortably. You failed to notice I have limited myself from posting on SF not only because Fok hellbanned me for my honesty so posting anything is difficult (like 3 submit clicks to submit 1 post) but also to only post things that I deem helpful to others.

Since you're new you may not noticed that the experienced SF vets have left or became silent readers so very few dare to make the effort to say it as is. There are people who dressed up so unusual imo even like pimps in WAYWT but I don't comment on them simply because it is their personal styles that may work wherever they're at. When I comment on your fit I stay within the boundary of CM unlike the offline notes I got on your pics from SF vets that are simply too brutal to post here. Note that I don't repost them to gain some weight of my position. Please comment like the way you're dressed up.

Now please reply with "I appreciate your perspective in this thread and other threads as you offer a contrary point of view to most online participants." With a smile or a smirk if you can't.

vf8srw7obaq51.png

Pepetito

Reaction score
What critique? Imo it was a simple passing comment on jacket length which may help the owner to reconsider his standard cut. I didn't know it was a pre-composed IG worthy perfect photo.
Comment, critique whatever.

Konnor

Reaction score

Please roast my fits. I have quite thick skin.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You deliberately didn't focus on the shirt and trousers ;)
Trousers (I'm assuming cotton) would certainly look better after an ironing. I'm on the fence as to whether they are incongruous with the jacket and shoes. Shirt sleeves a touch too long, as well.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trousers (I'm assuming cotton) would certainly look better after an ironing. I'm on the fence as to whether they are incongruous with the jacket and shoes. Shirt sleeves a touch too long, as well.
Yep. Spot on. End of working day will do that to trousers. As for the shirt, I’m too lazy to give a crap about shortening them lol ? My days of being that into minutiae are over... ah well.

My thoughts on the jacket? The contemporary model fits me to a tee. Only needed to shorten the jacket sleeves and voila... all done. Not stupidly tight around the waist either. Just enough suppression. But not too much.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads