• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HotDoc

Reaction score
MTO Guabello Blue Brown Guncheck (order placed on 27 September, delivered 1 December after a few days in holding at the UPS facility).

Was initially afraid that the blue would stand out a lot more, but thankfully -- for my preferences -- it's the brown that draws the eye.

Juxtaposed with the standard Filarte navy hopsack for colour reference:

View attachment 1509369

View attachment 1509370

Would see if the waist could be let out a little and the jacket skirt tightened by an alterations tailor (the skirt flare isn't obvious here as my arms were brushing it back in the pic above). Anyone knows if this can be done?

@spiermackay @SpierTeam any chance of introducing hip circumference into the MTO program?

My tailor did it by removing the patch pockets and taking in the waist and skirt from the side seams

HotDoc

Reaction score
Yea sizing seemed a bit odd, but shop the fit not the size on the tag. Who cares if it is an XXL, as long as it fits great that’s the main thing ??

I am 3” taller than you, and got a small also. Was very slim, but liked it. Ended up getting a Medium for exclusively house wear during these times as it is looser fitting and more comfortable

Cool, may stick with Slim for now. How much did you let the back seam out? It seems my issue is only when doing the hug test when it gets tight in the back & bicep region

Around 1 inch.

cyclemanic

Reaction score
My tailor did it by removing the patch pockets and taking in the waist and skirt from the side seams

Thanks for the insight! The jacket's waist is already quite slim though, but I'll check with my tailor if he can isolate just the skirt.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the sweatshirts. I have the first run and the sleeves are too short. I'm 5'10 and wear 32 inch sleeves mostly.

I still wear it however. If feedback is positive for the upcoming rumored new versions, I'll grab them next year. I'll have to give banana republic or uniqlo a shot

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the sweatshirts. I have the first run and the sleeves are too short. I'm 5'10 and wear 32 inch sleeves mostly.

I still wear it however. If feedback is positive for the upcoming rumored new versions, I'll grab them next year. I'll have to give banana republic or uniqlo a shot
I am curious if Rick is actually going to be bringing these back. I feel like it would be worth it, especially in these WFH times

conak

Reaction score
Any real-life views of the new cord jacket or trousers out there? The cloth supplier's photograph of the fabric looks darker than the SM product photos, so not sure which is the closer representation.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Originally went with a medium sweat shirt, was way too small and exchanged for a large (and still, it's a bit snug)

I had gotten the charcoal and noticed the pockets had white stitching exposed all around and thought it was defect, but after asking support they mentioned that was just how the product was and linked me this site. I wear hoodies maybe twice a year, and it was on sale + discount so I just tacked it onto another order and can't really complain.

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am 3” taller than you, and got a small also. Was very slim, but liked it. Ended up getting a Medium for exclusively house wear during these times as it is looser fitting and more comfortable

I went large so that if it ever got tossed in dryer I'd still have something wearable. Yes, an odd set of sizing for their hoodies.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
I had gotten the charcoal and noticed the pockets had white stitching exposed all around and thought it was defect, but after asking support they mentioned that was just how the product was and linked me this site.

Yeah, it's weird how the white yarn shows through only on the pockets and not on any of the other seams. If it's not deliberate then it's a very consistent error, which is remarkable in itself.

pickergc

Reaction score
You must have missed them bud.

You don't post fits, seeing as how it's been well over a year since you've even posted in the main "WAYWT" thread - not a fit, I might add. And I didn't miss them. I saw you get dunked on, time and time again. So, it is curious as to why you stopped.

Seriously Riva. Your name is so synonymous with hilariously bad taste on this site that it's a bit rich to start criticising others at this point.

This being one of my favorite responses to your "expertise".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads