• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a review of Spier’s MTO suit program? Curious if you were happy with the process , delivery time (website says 6-7 weeks), measurements come out accurate?

wildcat10

Reaction score
So what was the motivation or intention for posting worn affiliate products again? Not enough likes on IG? In SF at least back in the old days we try to improve each other.
Posting worn affiliate products is very helpful for those of us trying to get an idea of what items look like IRL, get more ideas about styling, etc. Please keep them coming!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss dressing in grown folk clothing. :)

I'm enjoying all the posts and pictures. Enjoy fellas.

Back to my sweat pants and sweat shirt
At least S&M made sweatshirts at some point in the past, guess they didn’t sell well.

Stylewords

Reaction score
That doesn't really work when you're an oppressed minority with no hope for BLM movt.
Ugly people?
Posting worn affiliate products is very helpful for those of us trying to get an idea of what items look like IRL, get more ideas about styling, etc. Please keep them coming!
Less useful when it's professionally posed/touched up instagram shots.

mbb355

Reaction score
Corduroy suit looks awesome. Love it when both parts of the suit can be broken up. What pants work with a tan cord jacket though other than jeans? Grey flannel?
Navy or olive chinos?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, I think people who post pics of themselves here look more put together than 99% of guys I see in real life. Whether it's showing pics by request or flexing, I only see it as a positive and helps me make purchase decisions.

I've never found unsolicited fit comments to be a bad thing. Then again I don't get bothered much by negative comments because people irl think I'm weird for wearing suits all the time anyway. It's easy for things like tone and context to get lost on the internet so I try not to assume bad intentions and post a sharp rebuttal.

I happen to think that the comments are helpful to the Spier team as it shows the range of fit and design preferences of their hardcore Styleforum customers. For example, I happen to enjoy lightly padded shoulders so I appreciate seeing nonNeo sportscoat options.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put in one last MTO order before the sale ends. I'm really excited about this one. Asked Spier & Mackay to source this houndstooth fabric from Marling & Evans for a jacket.
Screenshot_20201202_215709.jpg

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any info of if/when the field jackets will be available in MTO. I ordered the green and the fabric is bananas and construction perfect. My only gripe is that it is way too short for me. I prefer it to cover my rearend. Would love an option to customize the length and maybe to upgrade the buttons.

araziza

Reaction score
Mine are similarly shaped, with pants bar, and I get them in six-packs for about $30 a pack. If I could blow $20 per hanger, I'm pretty sure my suits would mostly just be scattered all over the floor of my yacht while I embarrass myself with my cocaine, firearms collection, and ten Croatian prostitutes.
Can I ask where you get yours from?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any info of if/when the field jackets will be available in MTO. I ordered the green and the fabric is bananas and construction perfect. My only gripe is that it is way too short for me. I prefer it to cover my rearend. Would love an option to customize the length and maybe to upgrade the buttons.
I believe outerwear MTO is not coming until next Fall/Winter season. May benefit looking into Yeossal for now, but I agree I really like this fabric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads