• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, you got four fit replies, two that confirmed that the fit was good while two offered personal opinions/improvements and you chose to dismiss the two latter as this is not a thread for commenting fits yet didn't say anything regarding the two positive fit comments?

Sounds to me as your issue is based in something else.

Hundreds and hundreds of pages in this thread testifies to the fact that people seek fit comments in here. Take it for what it is.

/End rant.
The key difference is that he did NOT ask for advice about the fit. Most people who get fit advice ask about it. Many people are continually asking for pictures of items IRL and he was answering the call. Thank you for your service, @pickergc.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The key difference is that he did NOT ask for advice about the fit. Most people who get fit advice ask about it. Many people are continually asking for pictures of items IRL and he was answering the call. Thank you for your service, @pickergc.
He didn't ask for it, but not talking about fit and only strictly the affiliate's products would make for a pretty corporate, milquetoast discussion thread.

Maybe I'm used to posting on more "anything goes" forums, but the norms and made up rules ITT feel restrictive.

pickergc

Reaction score
So, you got four fit replies, two that confirmed that the fit was good while two offered personal opinions/improvements and you chose to dismiss the two latter as this is not a thread for commenting fits yet didn't say anything regarding the two positive fit comments?

Sounds to me as your issue is based in something else.

Hundreds and hundreds of pages in this thread testifies to the fact that people seek fit comments in here. Take it for what it is.

/End rant.

I really don't wish to further this, but my response was to the initial comment by @Riva. The other two "positive" comments, were also in response to @Riva 's comment. I happen to agree with them, so I didn't feel the need to bolster their disagreement with @Riva.

I agree, hundreds of pages in the thread testifies to people seeking fit advice. I think that should be continued; my point was having everyone comment if the particular jacket length was appropriate isn't probably the best use of an affiliate thread. To which, in my opinion, should be used to discuss product development, real-life applications, and general fit details of specific items

I'm not going to die on my own cross of fits. I claim to be no expert; you and others have pointed things out to which I try and graciously consider.

I tend to get more out of pictures than written posts of products, so I try to do the same with my items.

He didn't ask for it, but not talking about fit and only strictly the affiliate's products would make for a pretty corporate, milquetoast discussion thread.

Maybe I'm used to posting on more "anything goes" forums, but the norms and made up rules ITT feel restrictive.

I'm not advocating for strict rules on the thread. I just don't think it's at all useful or insightful to debate specific jacket lengths on individuals. Though, on the other hand, where there are major issues with an entire run (i.e. green seersucker suit) I do think it's productive for the thread to discus what I can only assume were manufacturing issues. That discussion was to me, very important.

pickergc

Reaction score
So what was the motivation or intention for posting worn affiliate products again? Not enough likes on IG? In SF at least back in the old days we try to improve each other.

Listen, I was (and still am) pretty stoked on this outfit and I wanted to share. Is there a little flexing? Sure. I certainly don't post to get negative feedback. And agian, I do like your perspective.

My whole point: I don't think fit critiques belong in the affiliate thread (unless OP solicits). That's all. If you disagree, so be it.

It's the same with people who start conversations about if the RTW sleeves should be longer, or shorter, or if they're perfect for themselves. Then the thread descends into everyone sounding off on how the sleeves fit them - which has very little to do with S&M. That isn't helpful to anyone.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@pickergc "I just don't think it's at all useful or insightful to debate specific jacket lengths on individuals. "

Yeah that's a good point, I got you now.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of all, I did not answer his post per se, so no need to wait for approval from him to comment about the fit. I responded to the people commenting.

Secondly, exactly which call was he answering, if I may?

Thirdly, if he was in fact merely showing off the item by answering to calls you claim and not seeking some other kind of feedback or approval, why not just take pictures of the item only without having them put on? That would surely be easier.

You're missing the point here. He responded only to what he perceived as negative comments.

I don't see you all up in flames when someone applauds a fit. The same logic should apply irrespective of whether the feedback is purely on the approving side or suggesting improvements.

By the way, aren't you the same guy that suggested that another member should be able to post as/what he pleases in this exact thread for the simple (read: illogical) reason that he did military service?

My intent was merely to give constructive critique to both the fit and the comments towards the fit. Apparently, this was too much for some. This wraps it up for me. Thanks.

Last edited:

dangaa

Reaction score
In other news it looks like the Caramel cord trousers are up for those waiting to assemble the 'suit'.

1606936244727.png

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyways back to the norm, looks like the Caramel Corduroy Trouser separates are up on the site now for those wanting to order the full suit

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corduroy suit looks awesome. Love it when both parts of the suit can be broken up. What pants work with a tan cord jacket though other than jeans? Grey flannel?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corduroy suit looks awesome. Love it when both parts of the suit can be broken up. What pants work with a tan cord jacket though other than jeans? Grey flannel?

Darker brown. Lighter brown. Olive. Rust donegal!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads