• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pickergc

Reaction score
SM geared up.
9B88ABF6-D2D3-4106-B88F-1F71679B7137.jpeg

c.bisesar

Reaction score
This isn't a SM product but I'll share it because I find them to be way better than any OEM suit hangers I've ever received from any brand. In particular the shoulder end shape keeps jacket shoulders rounded yet slim enough so you can add more jackets in your wardrobe. The hook is also the same quality as the Isaia hangers which imo is the best I've ever gotten. The price used to be $596 inc free shipping worldwide and each hanger packed individually and put in a single huge box. You can pm them and hopefully they'll give a better price. So it was $12 for a solid custom made hanger that you can put your initial or logo on.

They also have jacket only hangers which are much cheaper:

Dang, at $783.98 USD that's nearly $1000.00 CAD, 20 bucks a hanger ? maybe one day, but today is not that day.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on quarter-zip sizing?

173 cm, 165 lb, 40R Slim OTR, ordered the large quarter zip. Out the box it fit decently with a fair amount of room to breath. After a cold wash and flat dry, it shrunk a little and was a bit more snug. Personally I liked the fit after the wash so it's a winner for me, but something to consider.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Dang, at $783.98 USD that's nearly $1000.00 CAD, 20 bucks a hanger ? maybe one day, but today is not that day.

Mine are similarly shaped, with pants bar, and I get them in six-packs for about $30 a pack. If I could blow $20 per hanger, I'm pretty sure my suits would mostly just be scattered all over the floor of my yacht while I embarrass myself with my cocaine, firearms collection, and ten Croatian prostitutes.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are similarly shaped, with pants bar, and I get them in six-packs for about $30 a pack. If I could blow $20 per hanger, I'm pretty sure my suits would mostly just be scattered all over the floor of my yacht while I embarrass myself with my cocaine, firearms collection, and ten Croatian prostitutes.

Similar but those 6 in $30 ones are usually wide but short in height thus creating a rather sharp edge in front of the shoulders which isn't good for soft leather jackets. What you should aim for is this:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disagree. Good, classic length. I despise short jackets. This is the perfect length. A shorter jacket would appear stubby. A longer jacket conceals the hips and tush and emphasizes a cleaner, straighter, narrower leg line.

Classic jacket should be at most as long as the shown trouser. If narrow leg line is required then wear a slim.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that the outfit makes his lower body look shorter than the upper body. At first glance I thought the jacket was at fault as well. But having looked at the outfit again it can either be a deceiving camera angle or the fact that the trousers are a tad to short in combination with the loafers that have a short vamp giving the impression that the lower body is too short vis-a-vis the upper body.

Judging by where the jacket ends, the length seems legit.

Just my 2c..

Last edited:

pickergc

Reaction score
I agree that the outfit makes his lower body look shorter than the upper body. At first, I thought the jacket as at fault as well. But having looked at the outfit again it can either be just e deceiving camera angle or the fact that the trousers are a tad to short in combination with the loafers that have a short vamp giving the impression that the lower body is short.

Judging by where the jacket ends, the length seems legit.

Just my 2c..
While this discourse generally helps others, I also don't think it's productive to discuss the minutiae of fit in an affiliate thread. Save that for the tailors-fit thread.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While this discourse generally helps others, I also don't think it's productive to discuss the minutiae of fit in an affiliate thread. Save that for the tailors-fit thread.
So, you got four fit replies, two that confirmed that the fit was good while two offered personal opinions/improvements and you chose to dismiss the two latter as this is not a thread for commenting fits yet didn't say anything regarding the two positive fit comments?

Sounds to me as your issue is based in something else.

Hundreds and hundreds of pages in this thread testifies to the fact that people seek fit comments in here. Take it for what it is.

/End rant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads