• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about???
Unless you wear clown shows with padded soccer socks I do now know how you think it will not go over the shoes...
Maybe you care to post a picture of your type of contemporary hemmed trousers so we can see what you mean?
We are very far from too slim trousers, style matches with his age we can guesstimate. Maybe people need to stop comparing how things fit without giving comparison examples... Yeah, for a 70 year old, his trousers are definitely too slim fit. For an average office job and to look professional without looking older than your boss, they look spectacular
Lol, relax man. I gave him my feedback and he took it like an adult. There's pics in this thread of my clown shoes, padded socks, and 70 year old grandpa body so I'll refrain from posting again...

zewill

Reaction score
Lol, relax man. I gave him my feedback and he took it like an adult. There's pics in this thread of my clown shoes, padded socks, and 70 year old grandpa body so I'll refrain from posting again...

Haha I did chill down. Im annoyed though with everyone giving advice without giving context makes no sense. We also tend t forget people on style forum do dress more conservatively (quite an euphemism), and while I love the resulting fit on some people (fuller cuts, high rise) I know sometimes it just would not work for me (and gf would nicely make fun of me in my old man clothes. :p ).
Donegal fabric though remains gorgeous!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the eucalan? Genuinly interested! Didn't even dare to think they could be home washed
I washed a hard finished worsted wool robe that was fairly scratchy in a hand wash with Eucalan. It came out fuzzy and no longer hard finished, and softer and less scratchy.

Did the same thing with an angora blended scarf. Came out mostly the same, no colour running, a bit less scratchy.

I've never done it on a pair of trousers though.

Konnor

Reaction score
Is you right shoulder dropped? Never noticed this in other pics you have posted but the collapsing in the chest seems more prominent / noticeable on this jacket..or perhaps just due to the different pose?
This is my first contemporary jacket, but I’m thinking it’s just the way I was standing. It looks much better on when I’m not trying to take a pictures.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my first contemporary jacket, but I’m thinking it’s just the way I was standing. It looks much better on when I’m not trying to take a pictures.
How do you like the contemporary as opposed to the slim?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See they are bringing back the full canvas John cavendish suit. That’s a great suit. Unfortunately I haven’t even worn it yet.

How does it feel compared to other all season fabric SM suits? Stiffer?

dangaa

Reaction score
Much more comfortable and still doesn’t look like it’s about to swallow me. I’ll be making a switch to contemporary for all my future purchases.

Care to share your height/weight as data points?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much more comfortable and still doesn’t look like it’s about to swallow me. I’ll be making a switch to contemporary for all my future purchases.

I'd like to see it buttoned.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Haha I did chill down. Im annoyed though with everyone giving advice without giving context makes no sense. We also tend t forget people on style forum do dress more conservatively (quite an euphemism), and while I love the resulting fit on some people (fuller cuts, high rise) I know sometimes it just would not work for me (and gf would nicely make fun of me in my old man clothes. :p ).
Donegal fabric though remains gorgeous!
Don't let your girlfriend bully you into wearing leggings.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late post, but today was my first day at a new job today after getting laid off earlier in the year. It was also right at freezing when I left (which is weird and sucks), so dressing warm. Spier hopsack Neo, flannels, and polo coat:
A2AA5F50-58BF-480D-9427-C5D19FB196B3.jpeg

0E21578C-4765-402C-83DC-88C8B3DE2F1F.jpeg

40626485-C25A-46B9-B1B8-D76067D642C2.jpeg

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't let your girlfriend bully you into wearing leggings.

Women know better what looks good on us than online strangers. Impressing them is much more important in biz and private life than your boss who doesn't really care much about how you dress but your performance. Though your performance is also important for women.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Women know better what looks good on us than online strangers. Impressing them is much more important in biz and private life than your boss who doesn't really care much about how you dress but your performance. Though your performance is also important for women.
Being strong enough to wear what you want and not bow to others will impress everyone (although the person who is strong enough doen't really care).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads