• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See they are bringing back the full canvas John cavendish suit. That’s a great suit. Unfortunately I haven’t even worn it yet.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Delivery day, new cord shirts, knit polo and light brown polo coat came in today. I love them all. The cord shirt feels very cozy and buttery smooth, I'm a 38S Slim so went with 15 slim and it was great, hoping the sleeve length will shrink by half in for it to be perfect.

Went with Medium for the knit polo and it fits great without being too slim, that collar is something else!!!

And lastly, sized up to 40S in the polo coat and it is much better for the shoulder and back compared to 38S I had last time. The brown heringbone looks incredible and reminds me of the mndyed check M&E sportcoat in term of color tone. I'll probably return it to get the balmacaan though but this is definitely a buy for anyone wanting a polo coat.

128325374_716977039219652_5262950153619440628_n.jpg

128080640_400300474426648_1880228728465692495_n.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Delivery day, new cord shirts, knit polo and light brown polo coat came in today. I love them all. The cord shirt feels very cozy and buttery smooth, I'm a 38S Slim so went with 15 slim and it was great, hoping the sleeve length will shrink by half in for it to be perfect.

Went with Medium for the knit polo and it fits great without being too slim, that collar is something else!!!

And lastly, sized up to 40S in the polo coat and it is much better for the shoulder and back compared to 38S I had last time. The brown heringbone looks incredible and reminds me of the mndyed check M&E sportcoat in term of color tone. I'll probably return it to get the balmacaan though but this is definitely a buy for anyone wanting a polo coat.

View attachment 1508443

View attachment 1508444
One thing I noticed after buying a new overcoat is that it benefits from longer sleeves. Why? Noticeably warmer wrists.

IMO, S&M's polo coats have sleeves that are too short.

My polo coat is about the same length for sleeves, but I'm probably going to get it lengthened in the future to cover half my hand.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1508443

View attachment 1508444
I agree, those cord shirts are just so soft and very nice wearing
wore my navy full canvas once to a Christmas party last year, should probably just let it go.
I think it would be nice for a one suit collection, but you could probably make a nice Full Canvas Suit in MTO at that price point, no? Guessing the fabric must be nice for that price point OTR, though

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wore my navy full canvas once to a Christmas party last year, should probably just let it go.
Nah. You’ll need it one day. The pants also work well as separates with a blazer or hopsack sc.

zewill

Reaction score
What are you talking about???
Unless you wear clown shows with padded soccer socks I do now know how you think it will not go over the shoes...
Maybe you care to post a picture of your type of contemporary hemmed trousers so we can see what you mean?
We are very far from too slim trousers, style matches with his age we can guesstimate. Maybe people need to stop comparing how things fit without giving comparison examples... Yeah, for a 70 year old, his trousers are definitely too slim fit. For an average office job and to look professional without looking older than your boss, they look spectacular
These are very slim to the point where I thought they were khakis or 5 pockets. That leg circumference at your ankle is very tight IMO. Perhaps it's an illusion without a hem, but it looks like those can barely make it over your shoe tops.

Last edited:

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1508461

Not sure I'll be keeping this one, but I wanted to post another reference picture for it as others have told me on IG that it seems different from the site pictures.
View attachment 1508462
I like that sc. Not everyone in your collection should be exactly the same. I love the neo cut as much as the next person but I also love more traditional looking jackets( flap pockets and some light padding in the shoulders).

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about???
Unless you wear clown shows with padded soccer socks I do now know how you think it will not go over the shoes...
Maybe you care to post a picture of your type of contemporary hemmed trousers so we can see what you mean?
We are very far from too slim trousers, style matches with his age we can guesstimate. Maybe people need to stop comparing how things fit without giving comparison examples... Yeah, for a 70 year old, his trousers are definitely too slim fit. For an average office job and to look professional without looking older than your boss, they look spectacular
It really depends on how you want to wear it. Slim could work if you want to wash and wear the pants with no crease like a pair of khakis or 5-pocket pants as he said. That sounds like heresy, but I've washed wool with Eucalan with good results.

If wearing with a tucked in shirt and/or sports coat, I'd probably prefer a fuller cut overall.

JayDee90

Reaction score
View attachment 1508461

Not sure I'll be keeping this one, but I wanted to post another reference picture for it as others have told me on IG that it seems different from the site pictures.
View attachment 1508462
Is you right shoulder dropped? Never noticed this in other pics you have posted but the collapsing in the chest seems more prominent / noticeable on this jacket..or perhaps just due to the different pose?

zewill

Reaction score
It really depends on how you want to wear it. I've washed wool with Eucalan with good results.
Could you elaborate on the eucalan? Genuinly interested! Didn't even dare to think they could be home washed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads