• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So speaking of hang dry, do You spin it or You just remove the access of water by hand?
Usually by hang dry, if it is a woven material you can place it on a hanger in a room and it will be dry in a few hours. If it is knit, like a sweater or polo, usually better to dry flat. If you wash things in the washing machine, usually the spin cycle gets rid of all the excess water.
Yeah, what defined a "cold wash"? As per guidance in this thread to cold wash, I set my washing machine to its minimum temp, being 30 degrees, and so far not much shrinkage on a few things. Is there a better way? By hand?
I think better is to say a ‘delicate’ wash. So lowest temperature setting and lowest spin setting. This should clean garment and reduce shrinkage to a minimum

Joefitz

Reaction score
I want to order a Navy suit. They have three suits tilted "Navy". Does anybody know the difference?

Two seen to be the same with 100% Australian wool with no fabric name. One says Dino Filarte. That is $20 more

dluce76

Reaction score
Interesting--I'd never seen it before and must have missed it. It's really nice.
@DonRaphael

Strange coincidence. I've been eyeing this one for a while, specifically for a spring/summer sport coat. The price is really phenomenal.

I liked it so much that I just ordered it MTO today with the 15% off. I was back and forth between getting a full suit and just a sport coat, but ultimately opted for the sport coat only as I wasn't sure how the fabric would hold up for trousers.

Happy to share pics when it comes in in 6-8 weeks.

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My jumper boots in black just arrived and the SM suggestion to size up half a size was bang on. Wonderful boots!

Now I wish they had a 7.5D in brown.

93C15DF8-A534-4525-A682-779E240192ED.jpeg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both recent burgundys would be insta-cops for me if only neo

zewill

Reaction score
I really want to try Spier's tuxes, but I see many of them do not come with the satin striped trousers. I wonder why. For those who own Spier tuxes, how are they?

I would love to own one but have never had a need for one in my 30+ years existence. Is it because I'm not a movie star (yet?) :p

zewill

Reaction score
Looks good. Looks like a contemporary on you though especially in the rise.
I got a slim 33 (blue, gray and tempted to get olive.. or rust now) and I'm in between sizes it seems. looking at the size chart maybe I'm tempted on contemporary although in the past contemporary fit in found way to roomy but here I could do with more room in thighs.
Beautiful fabric though! Much prefer rust than orange, much more versatile and toned down. Keep it!

rust donegal in slim 30, wished it was more brighter and orange irl so not sure if keeping. Plus with covid it might be awhile for me to get it altered. But besides hemming any other changes recommended?

View attachment 1507687
View attachment 1507688
View attachment 1507689

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DonRaphael

Strange coincidence. I've been eyeing this one for a while, specifically for a spring/summer sport coat. The price is really phenomenal.

I liked it so much that I just ordered it MTO today with the 15% off. I was back and forth between getting a full suit and just a sport coat, but ultimately opted for the sport coat only as I wasn't sure how the fabric would hold up for trousers.

Happy to share pics when it comes in in 6-8 weeks.
Great decision. Looking forward to your pics. Having slept on it, I've decided it's unique enough and separates itself from my current jackets. Most likely going to place an order for it myself today.

Last edited:

dluce76

Reaction score
Great decision. Looking forward to your pics. Having slept on it, I've decided it's unique enough and separates itself from my current jackets. Most likely going to place an order for it myself today.
I think it's a great move. The color scheme (simple tan, brown and blue/navy) in the pattern will lend itself to every combo.

It's so tough with these swatch pics but I *think* the pattern is small enough that it mostly resolves to solid from a short distance. As I only wear jackets in the business casual work environment, I thought it would be a bit more formal of a sport coat than some of the other larger houndstooth patterns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads