• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Regarding the Long Sleeve Pique Polo, we ran a wash test over the
weekend to double check if there was any excessive shrinking:

Washed Cold and Lay Flat to dry:

Navy, Heather Gray, Green & Black - All were 2 cm in the length, 0.5 cm
in the sleeve and 1 cm in the chest, which is in line with the approved
wash tests and is minimal.

The Off White, was 3 cm in the length, 1 cm in the sleeve and 1 cm in
the chest, which is slightly more than the rest, but still an acceptable
range.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unrelated to sales excitement, has ANYBODY snagged the charcoal covert suit? Given how much deeper the brown and green Minnis linen appeared (a good thing, to be sure) IRL, I'm curious to how the charcoal resolves...

kongmw

Reaction score
Another data point on the LS polo shrinkage:
Ordered size Medium in gray, tried on briefly upon receiving it and straight to cold wash/hang dry. It came out noticeably but ever so slightly smaller overall but no drastic changes. Measured it after one wear and everything was within spec.

I don't have the previous iteration of LS polo to compare but personally I like the fit better than the old and new SS polos.

Danath

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the black friday -Cyber monday event end?

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier isn’t known for attention to details ;)
The email says Dec 1, which I took to understand midnight.
1606765169972.png

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

mbb355

Reaction score

ptfly

Reaction score

Imperatores

Reaction score
rust donegal in slim 30, wished it was more brighter and orange irl so not sure if keeping. Plus with covid it might be awhile for me to get it altered. But besides hemming any other changes recommended?

View attachment 1507687
View attachment 1507688
View attachment 1507689

Looks brilliant. The color looks much nicer here than on their website as well. Much less orange. Makes me wonder what the charcoal donegal looks like in person. I've been on the fence about those. How do they feel compared to something like a 340gsm flannel?

Danath

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the positions of the belt and the pockets in the polo coat are in different location in the short version compared to the regular one.

I am interested in buying the navy polo coat but i am not sure about the length of the sleeves. I think that both the sleeves and the overall length of the regular version can easily be altered.

Thanks in advance

mbb355

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is not feeling the new padded-shoulder/flap-pocket sportcoats? It's a formal style that doesn't look right in plaid, multicolored fabrics. I'm also not sure of this style more generally. At that point, why not wear a suit? I don't see the need for these kinds of formal English-style sportcoats when the softer, Italian style is so much more attractive and versatile.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have to say that although completely unnecessary the Spier guys reached out to offer a resolution. They did nothing wrong to begin with and completely unnecessary but as always they go above and beyond. Solid products, prices and customer service. Not sure what else you can ask for!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads