• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a lot of shrinkage, even my LS Polo I got on sale this past summer, I think from FW2018, didnt shrink this much in a cold wash/hang dry. Maybe your washer is actually using warm water instead of cold water on the setting

Lol that would be disastrous!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This probably became a bigger issue than needed...if you can deal with a bit of shrinkage you're fine and if not use the dry cleaner.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. If you never wash them, you never have to worry.
I think a lot of people wash their clothes more often than needed. Unless you’re profusely sweating in your shirts/pants and not wearing an undershirt, they can go many wears before smelling or needing a wash
Lol that would be disastrous!
I think one shirt from S&M I washed in warm water cycle because that is what the tag said and that didn’t even shrink this much! Looks almost like it was in hot water or was thrown in the dryer on medium heat. I’d send S&M an email or Rick a message on IG, that is crazy shrinkage on a brand new shirt and those shirts are a decent amount of money to just be scared of washing

DcDrape

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any taller individuals on here that have experience with the polo coat sleeve length. I typically wear a 40L in jacket size and have to have the sleeves shortened by no more than a quarter of a inch. When I look at the dimensions on the website for the polo coat sleeve, I worry that I will have dress shirt and potentially jacket sleeve hanging outside of the polo coat. I was already debating on the 42 for the extra shoulder space but am still concerned. Would love to hear if anyone has had experience in this area!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll hold off on reaching out to Rick but I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what others' experiences are like.

EddieK

Reaction score
How do spier sizes compare to Suit supply? Are they pretty much the same?

docgroves

Reaction score
Just received my first ever sport coat from S&M. Ignoring the casual wear underneath and the poor lighting, what do you all think of the fit?

I am fairly happy with it overall and imagine I'd be even more pleased after slight alterations. I think the body could be slimmed a tad.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 127237468_231990061600414_264540343540890696_n.jpg
    127237468_231990061600414_264540343540890696_n.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 113

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my first ever sport coat from S&M. Ignoring the casual wear underneath and the poor lighting, what do you all think of the fit?

I am fairly happy with it overall and imagine I'd be even more pleased after slight alterations. I think the body could be slimmed a tad.

Thank you!

Looks great on you, and agree you can slim the body a bit.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
I just noticed Spier & MacKay actually raised their prices in time for Black Friday lol

dangaa

Reaction score
All the sale sport coats, for ex. were $149 and now they are $199 and up (some even $279!!). You can take 20% off, but they are still higher than previously even with the discount

The liquidation sale that you are most likely referring to on the clearance jackets was a limited time affair and was clearly advertised to end before the Black Friday sale started.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
The liquidation sale that you are most likely referring to on the clearance jackets was a limited time affair and was clearly advertised to end before the Black Friday sale started.
Ok - I'm not really a big S&M buyer, so not really up on the brand, however, thought it was odd that they would raise prices for black friday

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads