• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kranity

Reaction score
Looks good! Can you provide sizing info? Looking to potentially purchase one soon.
This one is XS, I'm 5'10 and 150lbs. Definitely slimmer than the short sleeved polos from this season, and while the site says the sleeves are 24.4 all three of the ones I bought are definitely a long 24.4, which is good news for me as I have orangutan arms.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is XS, I'm 5'10 and 150lbs. Definitely slimmer than the short sleeved polos from this season, and while the site says the sleeves are 24.4 all three of the ones I bought are definitely a long 24.4, which is good news for me as I have orangutan arms.
That’s good news, the XS from the summer were definitely not flattering on my build lol

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you compare the fit of the new LS polo to the fit of the same size LS polo prior iteration?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I hear you. I have three that I'm just going to get tailored down for next summer XD
I feel like I will have to spend the $40 or so to get them slimmed as well, really like the colour and shoulder fit, but not good in the body

Kranity

Reaction score
I feel like I will have to spend the $40 or so to get them slimmed as well, really like the colour and shoulder fit, but not good in the body
Not to mention the collars, at this price point there's just absolutely no comparison.

sao

Reaction score
Can you compare the fit of the new LS polo to the fit of the same size LS polo prior iteration?

I can answer this. Much better.
Slightly shorter sleeve length
Overall length is the same
Chest has more room
Waist is the same
Better placket
Better collars
Better taper from chest to hip

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can answer this. Much better.
Slightly shorter sleeve length
Overall length is the same
Chest has more room
Waist is the same
Better placket
Better collars
Better taper from chest to hip
This is good to know. I prefer spread collars for my polos, so I will probably end up waiting until next year and replacing my current “old” LS Polo. After a wash it is very trim, but I still love it enough to wear it. Good to hear more room in chest and slightly shorter sleeve

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stands up well for sure

Rick always says same size and it never works for me, it's always way to snug over a sportcoat for my liking. Personal preference I suppose. Even the polo coat I went to a 42 and the armholes and upper back could use more room. I could easily go up to a 44 but would rather not mess around altering the waist and shortening the sleeves, that one needs it's shape. It's obviously fine in the 42 and still works over a sportcoat. I think the coat also needs to sort of form to the body, so mobility should improve a bit as the stiff cloth softens up with wear.

View attachment 1506177

Also, shots of taupe knit polo and the Marling houndstooth MTO in case anyone is considering during the sale.

View attachment 1506178
Well Done Young Man, Well Done! Excellent - Individual Pieces As Well... :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up that you're going to want to dry clean these items if you're worried about shrinkage. I knew this and always dry clean my Spier clothes but have been lazy to deal with the cleaners much during C19 so I cold washed and hung dried both. The white knit is borderline wearable (maybe) but the casual popover is going in my donation bag.
Went back to find this post. How much did it shrink in a cold wash/hang dry? I got a Small Slim in the mail today, and the length is about 1” past the length in the size chart and not possible for me to wear untucked (29.5” vs 28.5” listed). The chest is also about half an inch over size chart (may be tolerance?)

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if this is the only balmacaan we're getting this season? I remember seeing two cloth previews.

dangaa

Reaction score
Anyone knows if this is the only balmacaan we're getting this season? I remember seeing two cloth previews.

I believe Rick confirmed via IG and it was reported here that it was only one color coming this year.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I believe it is only one this year. More than likely due to Covid and a lot of other things. Looking at the sales of this one, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is more options of this next year. Looks like it is selling faster than the Polo Coats

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads