• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the large parka. I certainly prefer the fit vs the medium that my wife is keeping for herself.

AE5CDBA1-8553-4CC1-8940-ADF098174DD9.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks so great. I def will have to purchase this coat. Does the cord jacket come with matching trouser? I remember on Ig somebody said it was sold as a suit. I really just want the jacket
Reading the description, it says pair it with the matching trousers. So I assume there will be a separate listing soon for the matching trousers

mbb355

Reaction score
If it's the same zanieri wool they've used on coats on past seasons, I would describe it as a bit scratchy and spongey yes.

IMO, it's not a big deal unless you're wearing this over a t-shirt or short sleeve, it's not noticeable if you're wearing a button down at minimum.

Agreed, that look is basically why I love tweed.
Agree and that’s sort of how it looks. I hope it drapes nicely.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Balmacaans are selling like hot cakes within the first couple hours of being up, good for Rick and for me because the longer my size is in stock the longer it tempts me ?

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, slow reply.
Decently tight to begin with, yes. Wide foot beware.
After breaking in they’re much better. I’m a 10D brannock and took a 10 in these. A 10.5 would have been a bit better width wise but would have been a tad too long.

edit: this is referring to Jumper boots in case anyone is searching through this thread in the future.
I went with a half size up with a 7.5D. I guess we will see how they fit after they arrive monday.

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Balmacaans are selling like hot cakes within the first couple hours of being up, good for Rick and for me because the longer my size is in stock the longer it tempts me ?

Same.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, slow reply.
Decently tight to begin with, yes. Wide foot beware.
After breaking in they’re much better. I’m a 10D brannock and took a 10 in these. A 10.5 would have been a bit better width wise but would have been a tad too long.

edit: this is referring to Jumper boots in case anyone is searching through this thread in the future.
I hope Rick comes out with E width in the future. A lot of us don’t think we are an E width, but actually are, or are on the border of D/E like me. Bunions aren’t fun lmao

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Got the large parka. I certainly prefer the fit vs the medium that my wife is keeping for herself.

View attachment 1506057

Thanks for following up! I see you have a furry friend (in the background). Does the fabric on the coat seem to attract fur? Looking for something that I won't have to lint roll every time I wear it...

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for following up! I see you have a furry friend (in the background). Does the fabric on the coat seem to attract fur? Looking for something that I won't have to lint roll every time I wear it...
Unless they changed the fabric on this years to better repel fur, whenever I took the coat out of the closet the fur from the fur trim would be all over the coat along with animal hair from around the house. With it being navy also, didn’t help because you could see it all ?

mjd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Rick comes out with E width in the future. A lot of us don’t think we are an E width, but actually are, or are on the border of D/E like me. Bunions aren’t fun lmao
I’m crossing my fingers the black pair I ordered fit. Figured it was time to stop buying brown boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads