• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I got the long sleeve polos today. Here’s a few pics and a short review. I wear a 15-34-35 slim shirt, a 38/40 jacket and 30/30 pants. I got the medium. Shoulders are perfect. Chest is relaxed. The small would have been better here. I’m happy I got the medium for the extra sleeve length. The collar is a little big on me. Rick said the medium had a 16.5” collar, but would shrink to a 16 after washing. I hope it does. I wish the shirt was a little shorter, but I’ll probably wear it tucked in on most occasions. The collar is big. It is 3.75”. The S&M oxfords have a 3.5” collar. The right collar point is rolling nicely. The left side not so much yet. Hopefully it’ll settle down after washing and ironing. Fabric feels soft and breathable. I’d highly recommend these. I’ll report back after washing. Ignore the dad jeans.

View attachment 1504864
View attachment 1504866
View attachment 1504867
View attachment 1504865
View attachment 1504868
Shirt looks great. Please update us on shrinkage after wash and dry. Wear in good health!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought he wasn’t running the IG account.
As far as I know he is the one running the Instagram account. With his busy schedule, it is easier for him to pop on his phone here and there to post or reply than sit down for a while on something else is my guess

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Parka arrived this past week. If you are interested in a nice trim fit, the medium works well for me but feels a bit like being in a sausage casing when zipped up (keeping in mind I like a relaxed fit). The double zipper helps so you can open up the bottom for some extra room. I mentioned the snug fit in the body to my wife and she decided to try it on, it never came off her lol. :rotflmao: so I now have a large on order for me to try out.

View attachment 1501611
View attachment 1501612

@Burzan, have you received the Large yet? If so, can you comment on sizing?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of quick pics of these 2 shirts I just received.

Can anyone who has these attest to whether there is any shrinkage to be expected with cold wash and hang dry? I've been too lazy to deal with cleaner during C19. @spiermackay @SpierTeam

Just a heads up that you're going to want to dry clean these items if you're worried about shrinkage. I knew this and always dry clean my Spier clothes but have been lazy to deal with the cleaners much during C19 so I cold washed and hung dried both. The white knit is borderline wearable (maybe) but the casual popover is going in my donation bag.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S&M Overcoat, suit & shirt.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up that you're going to want to dry clean these items if you're worried about shrinkage. I knew this and always dry clean my Spier clothes but have been lazy to deal with the cleaners much during C19 so I cold washed and hung dried both. The white knit is borderline wearable (maybe) but the casual popover is going in my donation bag.
This is why I note if it fits me perfectly OTR or not. If it fits me to a T, it ain’t going to fit me after a cold wash/hang dry. Why I always like to have some room and length in my S&M shirts brand new because I know they will shrink about 0.5” after even cold wash and a hang dry

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m actually hoping for some shrinkage. The collar, chest, length and sleeves are a little big on me. It is very disappointing that we have to size up and hope for shrinkage to work out. S&M have to do a better job with quality control. I inquired on IG about sizing and was told that the the collars on the knits will shrink about half an inch. That’s a lot. That kind of information should be on the product page for everyone to see.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a shame. Pre-wash, how did you find the fit of this year's LS polo vs the fit of the prior year's iteration?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads