• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sir! These are the Botto Giuseppe army green flannel from last year.

I see you have been spending again on the BF sale ? what did you get? ?
In short: too much.

RTW
Emerald Green SC
Navy Parka jacket

MTO (SC)
Blue Windowpane - 5372/5-MTO-J
Green Windowpane - 5372-4-MTO-J
Abraham Moon - Forest Twill Tweed - PS370 2000-32-MTO-J
Minnis - Green Fresco - 1244-MTO-J
Abraham Moon - Chocolate Herringbone Tweed - PL375 2013-12-MTO-J
VBC - Brown Herringbone - HMS-35800-MTO-J

Still contemplating
Minnis - Brown Fresco - HMS-510382-MTO-J

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In short: to much.

RTW
Emerald Green SC
Navy Parka jacket

MTO (SC)
Blue Windowpane - 5372/5-MTO-J
Green Windowpane - 5372-4-MTO-J
Abraham Moon - Forest Twill Tweed - PS370 2000-32-MTO-J
Minnis - Green Fresco - 1244-MTO-J
Abraham Moon - Chocolate Herringbone Tweed - PL375 2013-12-MTO-J
VBC - Brown Herringbone - HMS-35800-MTO-J

Still contemplating
Minnis - Brown Fresco - HMS-510382-MTO-J

Damn! that is a serious list, I’m glad I’m not the only one with jacket addiction .

Did you do the windowpanes as DB?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn! that is a serious list, I’m glad I’m not the only one with jacket addiction .

Did you do the windowpanes as DB?
Problem is, I purchased 7 other jackets 2 months earlier ? one of them being that undyed brown check you just posted.

No DBs this time around, I stuck with SBs. I just didn't feel comfortable going with DB. I might though for the Minnis Brown Fresco now that I have the VBC brown herringbone and Minnis tobacco fresco as SB.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my MTO trews. Will report back with pictures and feedback.

wildcat10

Reaction score
Hello, long-time follower of the thread, but first-time posting. Thank you to all the contributors of the thread who have provided so much information regarding S&M products. I have already acquired some S&M pieces myself, and looking for a few more.

Does anyone have real-life pictures of the Angelico Emerald Tweed? I am looking to expand my SC into green, but I'm wondering what are your impressions of the color.

Thanks!

SpierAndMackayFW20_3138-003-E162_1.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, long-time follower of the thread, but first-time posting. Thank you to all the contributors of the thread who have provided so much information regarding S&M products. I have already acquired some S&M pieces myself, and looking for a few more.

Does anyone have real-life pictures of the Angelico Emerald Tweed? I am looking to expand my SC into green, but I'm wondering what are your impressions of the color.

Thanks!

View attachment 1504911
Check the gallery. It was posted a couple of weeks ago.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the long sleeve polos today. Here’s a few pics and a short review. I wear a 15-34-35 slim shirt, a 38/40 jacket and 30/30 pants. I got the medium. Shoulders are perfect. Chest is relaxed. The small would have been better here. I’m happy I got the medium for the extra sleeve length. The collar is a little big on me. Rick said the medium had a 16.5” collar, but would shrink to a 16 after washing. I hope it does. I wish the shirt was a little shorter, but I’ll probably wear it tucked in on most occasions. The collar is big. It is 3.75”. The S&M oxfords have a 3.5” collar. The right collar point is rolling nicely. The left side not so much yet. Hopefully it’ll settle down after washing and ironing. Fabric feels soft and breathable. I’d highly recommend these. I’ll report back after washing. Ignore the dad jeans.

View attachment 1504864
View attachment 1504866
View attachment 1504867
View attachment 1504865
View attachment 1504868
Thanks for the detailed review. Did you try the prior iteration of the LS Polo, for comparison?
I have this years off white. I’m not sure how it compares to last years.

View attachment 1504875
View attachment 1504872
View attachment 1504874
Thank you for posting. The Off-white looks like it might have a bit less yellow in it than did the Ecru. Good to know.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the long sleeve polos today. Here’s a few pics and a short review. I wear a 15-34-35 slim shirt, a 38/40 jacket and 30/30 pants. I got the medium. Shoulders are perfect. Chest is relaxed. The small would have been better here. I’m happy I got the medium for the extra sleeve length. The collar is a little big on me. Rick said the medium had a 16.5” collar, but would shrink to a 16 after washing. I hope it does. I wish the shirt was a little shorter, but I’ll probably wear it tucked in on most occasions. The collar is big. It is 3.75”. The S&M oxfords have a 3.5” collar. The right collar point is rolling nicely. The left side not so much yet. Hopefully it’ll settle down after washing and ironing. Fabric feels soft and breathable. I’d highly recommend these. I’ll report back after washing. Ignore the dad jeans.

View attachment 1504864
View attachment 1504866
View attachment 1504867
View attachment 1504865
View attachment 1504868
Nice, It Even Improved Your Dad Jeans, Again Nice! :bigstar:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed review. Did you try the prior iteration of the LS Polo, for comparison?

Thank you for posting. The Off-white looks like it might have a bit less yellow in it than did the Ecru. Good to know.
I have the spread collar long sleeve polo in a medium. The chest was much, much slimmer. The sleeves were much longer, 26” from shoulder to sleeve cuff. The neck was smaller and the length was shorter. I’d put the old medium long sleeve polo at a 15-35/36 extra slim. I think the fabric on the new ls polos is more breathable. It’s a finer knit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads