• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dangaa

Reaction score
It also works on the cable knit which isn't listed as an exception:

1606264201805.png

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you blame them for trying to milk some of the popular, newer items though I guess. They all must be selling well at full price.

No, They Just Don't Want All Your Money! :bounce2:

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the code is live in Canada but not yet in the US...
Ok i got it to work. When I'm signed into my account and apply the code, it doesn't work on the turtlenecks. When I signed out of my account and add everything back to the cart and apply the code, then it works!

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Ok i got it to work. When I'm signed into my account and apply the code, it doesn't work on the turtlenecks. When I signed out of my account and add everything back to the cart and apply the code, then it works!

Are you trying to order MTO or off the rack. I tried that for MTO and no success :/

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is just a matter of taste then, or you have disproportionately big arms? For your reference, I'm kind of biggish but no Arnold, and the arms on the 46 contemporary fits nicely for me, as does the 44 - 46 in various other RTWs (Hart Schaffner Marx, Hickey Freeman, J.Crew Crosby, etc.). On the contrary, something like J.Crew Ludlow and most SuitSupply feels too tight, so that's where I stand, with regards to personal preference.

The armhole of the Slim fit needs to be 2cm higher. Then all the issues about large upper arms would be gone and I don't have to alter every SM jacket that comes my way. The Contemp should be kept the same to cater for guys with huge torso and belly.

I've actually been buying other recently massively discounted brands more than SM due to this cut issue. Less alterations, cheaper, cleaner.

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
I ordered a sportcoat and it arrived today and fits great, but the sleeves are too short. Who here has experience with getting their Spier and Mackay jacket's sleeves lengthened? Is there enough material to do it? I probably need 3/4 inch longer

_dm_so_

Reaction score
I ordered a sportcoat and it arrived today and fits great, but the sleeves are too short. Who here has experience with getting their Spier and Mackay jacket's sleeves lengthened? Is there enough material to do it? I probably need 3/4 inch longer
I lengthened mine for 1 inch, and it's okay. But 1 inch is probably the maximum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics