• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jason12

Reaction score
As I wait for S&M BF sell I have a question for people familiar with Suit supply. I know it always a repeated question but how does suit supply havana compare with S&M contemp SC size? I reviewed the size chart and the measurements looks the same but I would love somebody personal opinion. I wear a size 44r in S&M. I was gonna grab this too but the matching trousers seem to run much smaller than S&M trousers. Is there much luck with letting out their trousers in the seat and thighs?

I just got a contemp zignone from Spier in the same size as my Havanas bought this year. they feel the same to me in chest and waist and the spier length being 0.5cm shorter than havana (which is correct to the size chart not factory error). The spier shoulder feels slightly bigger and sleeve width too. The havana suit trousers may be the soho cut which sucks (very small in thigh width and rise)

milktoast

Reaction score
Got my slate blue check suit in today (went with contemporary fit). Blue is more pronounced than online images show, in a good way though. Loving the look of it and subtlety of the pattern. Will take better pictures tomorrow when there's some natural light.

Some quick fit pics. Unbuttoned for first two, buttoned for last. Would appreciate guidance on where adjustments should be made. Upon first glance, the sleeves probably need to be shortened some.
6022.jpg
6023.jpg
6025.jpg

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Anyone grabbed the cream and brown houndstooth? How is it?

it is very nice, i recommend. here is a 38 slim, and although it has some stretch given the fabric, going to return for a 38 contemporary

Attachments

• IMG_1123 2.jpg
    IMG_1123 2.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 113

rjwdressed

Reaction score
it is very nice, i recommend. here is a 38 slim, and although it has some stretch given the fabric, going to return for a 38 contemporary
Just curious! What about the fit don’t you like? I always contemplate trying contemporary fit

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Just curious! What about the fit don’t you like? I always contemplate trying contemporary fit

I just have bigger chest and back. The slim cut fits, but it is definitely fitted. I prefer the contemporary because it has more room so I can move around more freely, without feeling the pinch of the fabric stretching when something is fitted

mbb355

Reaction score
This looks great! Can you comment on the texture and weight of the fabric? How scratchy/soft does it feel? How heavy/warm? Again, looks terrific.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
This looks great! Can you comment on the texture and weight of the fabric? How scratchy/soft does it feel? How heavy/warm? Again, looks terrific.

it is a little bit scratchy to the touch, but nothing that would bother you, part of the charm. I only own three S&M jackets the Sandrio checked linen from SS2020, the Navy Guabello hopsack SS2020 and this jacket. This Abraham moon fabric is definitely the nicest from those three. I live in LA, so it is warm enough for the winter season 60s-50s. The jacket is not heavy to me, from heaviest to lightest Houndstooth -> linen -> hopsack

if you're on the fence I think it's a great buy.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpeg
    IMG_1127.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 93

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Threw on the S&M full canvas Neo suit for my doctoral dissertation defense today. First time wearing this suit and the occasion calls for something special.

Tie is Drakes for Paul Stuart. It’s one of my favorite foulards.

Trews could use a bit of work to drape cleaner, especially behind the knee.
Looking sharp man. Thoughts on letting out the waist of the jacket? Looks to be pulling a bit.

mbb355

Reaction score
it is a little bit scratchy to the touch, but nothing that would bother you, part of the charm. I only own three S&M jackets the Sandrio checked linen from SS2020, the Navy Guabello hopsack SS2020 and this jacket. This Abraham moon fabric is definitely the nicest from those three. I live in LA, so it is warm enough for the winter season 60s-50s. The jacket is not heavy to me, from heaviest to lightest Houndstooth -> linen -> hopsack

if you're on the fence I think it's a great buy.
Thanks! By the way, sounds like you own three stone-cold Spier classics. That linen jacket is excellent, too.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the sleeve length is on the 16 wide blue shirt that recently dropped?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have bicep areas that are too loose?

This, to me, sounds like you think a jacket sleeve should be snug around the upper arm? I get the sense that many people think that tailored clothing should be form fitting. I think that tailored clothing should be cut to flatter your body. If you have skinny legs or arms, why call attention to that with skinny jacket sleeves and trouser legs? I want my jacket sleeve to hang cleanly, and to accomplish that there has to be some room between my arm and the jacket sleeve.

And if the goal is to wear form-fitting clothing, why aren't dress shoes designed to fit the shape of your foot precisely? Those would be very odd looking shoes indeed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads