• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the white OCBD has been restocked for those that we’re looking for a plain white one!
Yes, I'd like one! I have a S&M order arriving on Wednesday. Is anyone keeping track of how many drops there have been this month? This is like the fourth or fifth one. I really wish they would just drop all the new stuff at the beginning of the month or something. This trickle out approach is killing me.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
As I wait for S&M BF sell I have a question for people familiar with Suit supply. I know it always a repeated question but how does suit supply havana compare with S&M contemp SC size? I reviewed the size chart and the measurements looks the same but I would love somebody personal opinion. I wear a size 44r in S&M. I was gonna grab this too but the matching trousers seem to run much smaller than S&M trousers. Is there much luck with letting out their trousers in the seat and thighs?
1606157463194.png

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I wait for S&M BF sell I have a question for people familiar with Suit supply. I know it always a repeated question but how does suit supply havana compare with S&M contemp SC size? I reviewed the size chart and the measurements looks the same but I would love somebody personal opinion. I wear a size 44r in S&M. I was gonna grab this too but the matching trousers seem to run much smaller than S&M trousers. Is there much luck with letting out their trousers in the seat and thighs? View attachment 1503016

IME: Havana is shorter in length, tighter in shoulders and chest.

dangaa

Reaction score

100% agree. The only jacket that came close to a SM Contemporary for me was the Jort. Button placement and lapel width were also two critical features of the Havana that fell short when compared to SM equivalents.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I wait for S&M BF sell I have a question for people familiar with Suit supply. I know it always a repeated question but how does suit supply havana compare with S&M contemp SC size? I reviewed the size chart and the measurements looks the same but I would love somebody personal opinion. I wear a size 44r in S&M. I was gonna grab this too but the matching trousers seem to run much smaller than S&M trousers. Is there much luck with letting out their trousers in the seat and thighs? View attachment 1503016

I have this very suit, a few pics on my IG page - you will be able to compare against my SM fits.
Beware, the trousers in this suit were terrible, they were like leggings on me, I sold them and had the trousers remade in a higher rise, a size up via their custom made program.
SM contemporary trousers are far more sensibly cut.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Somehow, I can tell simply by looking at this picture that I would never fit into SuitSupply trousers...

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
So despite the same measurement in the chest and shoulders Its actually cut smaller? Do I need to size up if the S&M jacket fits perfect.
I have this very suit, a few pics on my IG page - you will be able to compare against my SM fits.
Beware, the trousers in this suit were terrible, they were like leggings on me, I sold them and had the trousers remade in a higher rise, a size up via their custom made program.
SM contemporary trousers are far more sensibly cut.

@dapperclassic You are the very reason why I wanted this suit.

Thank you for all the advice everybody. I guess ill have to stay away from this

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Threw on the S&M full canvas Neo suit for my doctoral dissertation defense today. First time wearing this suit and the occasion calls for something special.

Tie is Drakes for Paul Stuart. It’s one of my favorite foulards.

Trews could use a bit of work to drape cleaner, especially behind the knee.

Attachments

• 0D58C543-E8BC-4C00-A5D2-31A277E93F63.jpeg
    0D58C543-E8BC-4C00-A5D2-31A277E93F63.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 95E830D1-791A-40C4-ADC6-6E13CE544DB3.jpeg
    95E830D1-791A-40C4-ADC6-6E13CE544DB3.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 128
  • CAF8A082-26C8-4E50-9C08-7E2D13B6F40C.jpeg
    CAF8A082-26C8-4E50-9C08-7E2D13B6F40C.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 98E16012-4555-4197-8883-8752E0AC11DD.jpeg
    98E16012-4555-4197-8883-8752E0AC11DD.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So despite the same measurement in the chest and shoulders Its actually cut smaller? Do I need to size up if the S&M jacket fits perfect.

It's not smaller per se, but tighter. I've moved away from Suitsupply completely because of how "modern" their fits have become. With Havana, I need to spend $150 at the tailor to make it more roomy for a good fit. Sizing up is out of the question.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does that work?

I mean, it's not a whole size smaller. Suitsupply's suits are cut to favour lanky ectomorphs rather than the average man.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question regarding the Down Parka, would it be enough to hold the Canadian winter?

Tried to do a quick search in this thread and found some great info back in Apr 2020, but kind of looking for user feedback. I have a 5 years old Moose Knuckle that I am looking to replace.

sao

Reaction score
Ok, having owned the last long sleeve polos from a few years back (FW18?) and the short sleeve polos from this past summer both in XL, I purchased the newest LS polos in XL again and can confirm that these fit much better.
Fit is subjective but I would say these now have the best of both previous styles.
Fabric like SS20
Sleeve length slightly shorter than FW18, perfect.
Chest like SS20, more comfortable compared to FW18.
Waist has been taken in compared to SS20 and looks much better.
Length is longer and better then SS20.
Placket and collar size are great as well!

My 2 cents, if this size template is used on SS21 polos, with slightly longer short sleeve length compared to SS20, that’s great!

tripreed

Reaction score
Threw on the S&M full canvas Neo suit for my doctoral dissertation defense today. First time wearing this suit and the occasion calls for something special.

Tie is Drakes for Paul Stuart. It’s one of my favorite foulards.

Trews could use a bit of work to drape cleaner, especially behind the knee.

You've definitely stepped up the fit pic quality ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads