• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a little loop on the edge of the opposite lapel. It consists of one yarn and is too short to easily loop over the button. You can force it, but it won't look correct anyway and when you undo it, you'll just have a bit of loose thread flapping around until it works its way back down into the bulk of the knitted fabric.
Nvm, found the loop LOL. Completely not noticeable. At least now I know it has its use.

123135022_1111257129299797_7204936895939391836_n.jpg

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had that gun check olive-navy in my cart for 2-3 weeks, then boom, it was gone. Looks terrific.
How do you like the camel turtleneck? Sizing up or down, or true to your normal size?

Thank you Sir. This turtleneck isn't one of Spier's. However, I do have a SM merino turtleneck from FW19 and I sized up in that.

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
The reviews were accurate on how beefy this thing is. I really like the weight and warmth. Camel is a medium and green is a small. I think I prefer the relaxed fit of the camel so I’ll be sending the green back. Really the only thing I don’t like is the silly small button. I’ll probably remove it at some point

What's your height/weight? Thinking of picking one up myself. thx.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate some input regarding a MTO. I'm considering the new VBC windowpane fabric. Debating if I should have it made up as a DB instead of SB. I'm really liking the look of DB with these windowpane patterns but am having a hard time envisioning an olive/green windowpane DB jacket.
Screenshot_20201030_063949_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201030_064000_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4th suit i've bought from S&M in the past month goddamn these sale-on-sales discounts with their amazing value.

Bought a medium gray (https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/medium-gray--f2410451-2112-f1h1-fw19) but didn't pick up the warm gray (https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/warm-gray-10005-00148-2112-f1h1-fw19) because my experience with S&M's photos tells me that in person the warm gray is actually quite light. hope I don't regret this.
I have the Warm Gray trousers as a separate. I find it is a slightly lighter medium gray yes, but it has brownish undertones.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Does anyone have a real life picture of this cloth? How do you think it compare with the brown glen check with green overcheck?

Attachments

• 2E404952-240D-4D09-A95F-3BDEDBC88E5A.png
    2E404952-240D-4D09-A95F-3BDEDBC88E5A.png
    681.2 KB · Views: 111

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a real life picture of this cloth? How do you think it compare with the brown glen check with green overcheck?
I have that in my watch list as well. @Burzan has the swatches from M&E and has pre-ordered the brown and green overcheck. I've asked him if he could provide a pic with the M&E swatch over the brown and green check jacket once it arrives.

TheVirt

Reaction score
I've been considering commissioning a jacket in Moon's lambswool tweed in a darker grey herringbone once the next full canvas promo goes up. Anyone have experience with the cloth? I"m looking for a soft kind of tweed, nothing like Harris tweed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads