• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2018 VBC gunclub

5AB7AFD7-3E96-4E7F-B0F2-1E75D4947A2D.jpeg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reviews were accurate on how beefy this thing is. I really like the weight and warmth. Camel is a medium and green is a small. I think I prefer the relaxed fit of the camel so I’ll be sending the green back. Really the only thing I don’t like is the silly small button. I’ll probably remove it at some point
They both look amazing on you. Where's the small button? I don't see it.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any IRL photos of the new quarter-zip sweaters or feedback on quality and fit?
Haven't got many photos of it out in the wild, but I snapped 2 when I first got the sweater, and some pictures after it's first wash (cold wash, flat dry).
Overall impression is that I like it and will probably order some other colors.
For reference, I'm about 5'8" and 165 lbs, I wear 40R slim OTR from S&M. This is the large quarter zip.
When I first tried it on, the sweater had a little bit of room but fit decently. After a wash it's definitely gone down in size and is more of a fitted look. It is pretty snug around the torso and very snug around the arms. In terms of quality, the wool is very soft and hasn't shown any signs of pilling. Compared to some other merino wool sweaters I have, I can't really tell the difference, but I paid about the same price elsewhere so no complaints there.
So you took your normal size, did you go up or down?
I had that gun check olive-navy in my cart for 2-3 weeks, then boom, it was gone. Looks terrific.
How do you like the camel turtleneck? Sizing up or down, or true to your normal size?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reviews were accurate on how beefy this thing is. I really like the weight and warmth. Camel is a medium and green is a small. I think I prefer the relaxed fit of the camel so I’ll be sending the green back. Really the only thing I don’t like is the silly small button. I’ll probably remove it at some point

Relaxed and comfy but looks really ugly compared to the S. I wouldn't take it out of the house. Plus green is a better color as well.

ULCajun

Reaction score
They both look amazing on you. Where's the small button? I don't see it.
First of all, I appreciate all of the feedback from many of you!. I pictured this as loungewear around the house but will def take another look before I send one back

There is a small bottom off of the collar that has no buttonhole or loop on the other side. Not sure if this is of traditional look but the collar can sometimes hide it

Attachments

• F9F8BF15-BAF3-4B8C-B14F-7A0D28F538E3.png
    F9F8BF15-BAF3-4B8C-B14F-7A0D28F538E3.png
    529.6 KB · Views: 112

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
First of all, I appreciate all of the feedback from many of you!. I pictured this as loungewear around the house but will def take another look before I send one back

There is a small bottom off of the collar that has no buttonhole or loop on the other side. Not sure if this is of traditional look but the collar can sometimes hide it

There is a little loop on the edge of the opposite lapel. It consists of one yarn and is too short to easily loop over the button. You can force it, but it won't look correct anyway and when you undo it, you'll just have a bit of loose thread flapping around until it works its way back down into the bulk of the knitted fabric.

jake2011rt

Reaction score
So, I just got in my first S&M suit. I ordered it custom so that it would be extra special. I am loving the fabric. The Pants fit me like a glove. But the jacket, to my extreme dismay, is a bit too small in the waist. The shoulders are perfect. The length is perfect. Without even wearing a tie, I can just barely get it buttoned. I ordered a 48R, and throughout my whole life, I have never had a 48R be tight on my waist. If anything, they tend to need a little waist suppression. In keeping with that, I ordered the suit with about 1 inch off the waist. I now regret this decision.

That all being said, does anyone know how much fabric reserve might be available in one of their suit jackets? Obviously, I cannot return this because it is custom. Could I send it back to them to be corrected, if so how long would y'all think the turnaround would be.

And yes, I am currently cursing my hubris for stepping straight into custom.

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
Another point for S&M: I brought some suits to an alterations tailor who's been in this business for 30+ years and he said that the jackets were "really well made, especially in the inside" (I'm guessing he meant the construction/canvassing in particular). This guy once told me that I shouldn't really spend time differentiating between suits under ~US$1.2K because from his perspective the differences in quality were marginal (jake's on him I can't afford multiple US$1.2K suits) so it's really high praise from him.

He did kinda **** on the inconsistency in the pants' make though, especially in how pants that were all ostensibly the contemp. 30 would have different back rise lengths.

Anyway another question: do the sportcoats have a slightly narrower shoulder than the suits in the same size/fit? My navy linen SC is narrower in the shoulders than my suits of the same size and fit. It would make sense to me since the sportcoats don't have padding in the shoulders and so they'll have to fit closer in the shoulders but just wondering.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeh I was about to ask the same thing. There is small button with no button hole. My other cardigan has something similar with that has buttonhole for windy days. I'm wondering if this is defect or QC issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads