• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input regarding measurements and fit with the high rise trousers. I'm comparing measurements from the size guide with measurements from a pair of trouser I have at home. The S&M trousers will reuqire some alterations. For those of you that have gone the MTO route, what kind of trouser alterations are allowed? For one, I can see that you're only asked to insert rise measurements. I suppose that's the front rise. What about back rise?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found @afterthesuit guide/review of S&M's MTO program, and apparently it's not possible to adjust the front/back rise balance. That's a deal breaker for me, as I require a much higher back rise compared to the front rise to accommondate for a larger seat.

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input regarding measurements and fit with the high rise trousers. I'm comparing measurements from the size guide with measurements from a pair of trouser I have at home. The S&M trousers will reuqire some alterations. For those of you that have gone the MTO route, what kind of trouser alterations are allowed? For one, I can see that you're only asked to insert rise measurements. I suppose that's the front rise. What about back rise?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found @afterthesuit guide/review of S&M's MTO program, and apparently it's not possible to adjust the front/back rise balance. That's a deal breaker for me, as I require a much higher back rise compared to the front rise to accommondate for a larger seat.

Clearly bespoke category which is cheap for pants.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emerald doesn't seem like a particularly wearable colour for versatility IMO. Especially if that's a flannel.
I kind of agree, and think a brown flannel would've been nicer, but this looks great and I'll probably be buying it anyways if that is the only colour available. Also looks like the saturation is higher than normal, so maybe it is a charcoal? Guess we'll find out soon enough

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree, and think a brown flannel would've been nicer, but this looks great and I'll probably be buying it anyways if that is the only colour available. Also looks like the saturation is higher than normal, so maybe it is a charcoal? Guess we'll find out soon enough
That's the S&M spirit :rotflmao:
You identify the fact that it's not versatile enough, but you get it anyways because of fomo. Love it.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the S&M spirit :rotflmao:
You identify the fact that it's not versatile enough, but you get it anyways because of fomo. Love it.
I've been wanting another slightly more casual wool coat, that was single breasted and could be dressed up. I was going to buy one from Yeossal, but I ended up buying a pair of SoH chukka's with that money instead. Think this will fit in perfectly within my non-existent budget for clothing lol

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
Moon tweed jacket and denim blue trousers . Both from last year .
DA969855-5F81-4011-AA9F-17F759FDCD77.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand bragging about blowing a budget on clothing. I know we all love S&M but when did being fiscally responsible become a bad thing?
I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating. I hope and don't think anyone in here is buying clothes instead of paying bills.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but not with S&M in this case since I'm residing in Europe.

Probably even cheaper to do it there bespoke from a shop in Chinatown as long as you handpick the fabric or bring your own.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably even cheaper to do it there bespoke from a shop in Chinatown as long as you handpick the fabric or bring your own.
I'm already having my trousers made either bespoke or through thorough MTM. But with S&M where jackets already fit me well and you could have a MTO suit for appr. $500, I was hoping to nail my trouser fit as well. You can't have everything in Life, unfortunately.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Is there a check out issue going on the site. The Marling & Evans - Undyed Check just got restocked in my size and I'm trying to scoop it up.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fiscally responsible

Might come across as a pet peeve but fiscal and financial are not synonyms. You may want to start saying "financially responsible" when refering to budgetting personal wealth.

And worry not, for those who know it will always be in style ;)

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating. I hope and don't think anyone in here is buying clothes instead of paying bills.

Yea let's get real. We're all here because we think SM offers clothes that are up to our high quality standards fabric and construction-wise but at the lowest prices possible. I see many here inc myself who used to buy suits and jackets 2-3x times the price but has mostly gone SM now. If it's the same damn fabric and the construction is actually more durable than most Italians it's common sense regardless of price to just buy the better product. SM offerings are very well thought out like the latest parka it's quite cheap because it's synthetic blend but also comes with the protective properties one looks for in a parka but they didn't skimp on putting real fur for the collar where it's important to have genuine stuff. This is why some SF store owner was complaining that SM copies the Italians while selling at wholesale prices and therefore SM clothes are not authentic. I just think SM's better. Waiting to see the new safari offerings...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads