• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, those coloured flecks get me every time, seem much more vivid in your photos than on the S&M website. Wonder what the other FW Bottle colours look like, don't think I've seen the brown or green yet.

Cheers! @afterthesuit has the brown version from when it was first released in 2018, check out his IG page for some great pics.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, could anyone provide measurements for the back rise including waistband for the high rise trousers contemporary cut for sizes 32/33/34?

Now that I know that you can mix and match suit trousers/jackets in terms of size, is it also possible to order a slim suit jacket but contemporary trousers?
Yes!

zeddeff

Reaction score
How roomy are the RTW suit trousers in the seat? I usually require more room in the seat area because of a larger bum due to training.

It was a common strategy that was advocated here to size up on pants and take in the waist for a more forgiving fit for the seat/thighs. So you could try going for a drop 8 instead of 10.

Enox

Reaction score
For the cotton chinos anybody know what size to order? Same as suit trousers? Or should I account for shrinkage and go up a size in the waist or go from slim -> contemporary? I normally do a 33 slim in S&M suit trousers.

Also any insights into which of the ties would be great to go on for solid staples? I don't wear ties on a regular basis (ie. outside of work) but I'm a young physician about to spend a lot of the next few years in clinic, so shirt + tie at least 3 days a week.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the cotton chinos anybody know what size to order? Same as suit trousers? Or should I account for shrinkage and go up a size in the waist or go from slim -> contemporary? I normally do a 33 slim in S&M suit trousers.

Also any insights into which of the ties would be great to go on for solid staples? I don't wear ties on a regular basis (ie. outside of work) but I'm a young physician about to spend a lot of the next few years in clinic, so shirt + tie at least 3 days a week.
Best way would be to take some measurements and compare to size charts. However, definitely don't size up for shrinkage as they add fabric in the factory to account for this. There should be very little shrinkage with a cold wash/hang dry, however make sure you wash before getting hemmed.
As for sizing, I would say stick to 33 Slim if you plan to wear it in the same area as your dress trousers (i.e. natural waist-ish). If you have larger thighs, may need to go contemporary though. Worst case scenario you can exchange!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Courtesy of S&M Insta Story ?

Attachments

• B56B3527-7A6C-457E-8104-23C4B1AFD16A.jpeg
    B56B3527-7A6C-457E-8104-23C4B1AFD16A.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 129

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S/S21 seems fun already ?
Rick said this one is coming next week lol
Pricing needs to be competitive with against Yeossal and Lopez Aragon. I'm sure SM won't disappoint.
I am sure it will be priced very fairly, especially being an OTR piece and not custom MTO like Yeossal. Looks almost like a VBC flannel

dangaa

Reaction score
So.... anyone noticed now your account order history is showing EVERYONES order history? did they get hacked?

Another reason why you should not use your visa or regular password for their "improved" website.

I think this happened to me yesterday when i accidentally used the wrong password to log in. For some reason it didn't give me an incorrect password prompt but still gave me access.

For me when it happened I couldn't pull my profile information (or place an order) as it returned an 'invalid user ID' message but I could see order history with buyer/payment details blanked out.

Is that what you are seeing?

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
So.... anyone noticed now your account order history is showing EVERYONES order history? did they get hacked?

Another reason why you should not use your visa or regular password for their "improved" website.
I think this happened to me yesterday when i accidentally used the wrong password to log in. For some reason it didn't give me an incorrect password prompt but still gave me access.

For me when it happened I couldn't pull my profile information (or place an order) as it returned an 'invalid user ID' message but I could see order history with buyer/payment details blanked out.

Is that what you are seeing?

Looks like some kind of test account. The order numbers look fake, and at the very least my order from yesterday is not in there.

I suggest we all report the bug.

caktaylor

Reaction score

For chinos, I buy my normal wool trouser size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads