• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could live with them if you could grab the jacket as a separate.
To me, there seems to be a lot of Neapolitan style jackets so far this FW20. It wouldn't surprise me if they came out with another VBC flannel colour normal cut sport coat, as if I remember correctly I think the normal cut sells more than the Neapolitan OTR. I feel like Rick still got a lot in store for us

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think jetted pockets are the cleanest for a suit...I mean, its a flannel suit in a chocolate brown so not the most formal but still...
I was requesting the jacket as a SC and not as part of a suit. Eventhough I haven't yet purchased a suit from S&M, I doubt the RTW suits will ever fit me since I'm a drop 8-10 normally bordering to 12 if I pick up training. RTW suits are drop 6.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think jetted pockets are the cleanest for a suit...I mean, its a flannel suit in a chocolate brown so not the most formal but still...
Yeh. Jetted pockets are super clean. In fact, on all my suits, I just end up tucking the pocket flaps inwards to make for a clean front. Can't lie, the jetted pockets on the silhouette and curvature of the Neo suit looks really good.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was requesting the jacket as a SC and not as part of a suit. Eventhough I haven't yet purchased a suit from S&M, I doubt the RTW suits will ever fit me since I'm a drop 8-10 normally bordering to 12 if I pick up training. RTW suits are drop 6.
If the trouser is in stock at time of ordering and you leave a note, they will accommodate the other trouser. So, say you take a 42R jacket and need a 32 pant, they will give you the 32 pant if in stock and left in notes. Unless this has changed recently

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the trouser is in stock at time of ordering and you leave a note, they will accommodate the other trouser. So, say you take a 42R jacket and need a 32 pant, they will give you the 32 pant if in stock and left in notes. Unless this has changed recently
Yeah, I did not need to know that... ?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unsure if you're aware, bit you can mix and match jackets/trousers, provided they have the standalone pantaloons in your size. I'm around a drop 10-12 depending on time of year, and I've had great experiences swapping out trousers for more reasonably sized ones.
Ya, what @XxLogo said lol.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unsure if you're aware, bit you can mix and match jackets/trousers, provided they have the standalone pantaloons in your size. I'm around a drop 10-12 depending on time of year, and I've had great experiences swapping out trousers for more reasonably sized ones.
Ya, what @XxLogo said lol.
Did not know that until recently. I thought the standard drop 6 was fixed.

Not sure though I want to go through the whole process of trial and error with the trousers given that I reside in Europe. Shipping back and forth is a real pain. But this piece of info has definitely made me at least consider it.

How roomy are the RTW suit trousers in the seat? I usually require more room in the seat area because of a larger bum due to training.

I'm almost certain I would need to go the MTO route. Do they have some kind of trial program where they can send out trial trousers for different sizes so that you can suggest changes to an existing size? Or do I have to take a chance and purchase a whole suit and hope it fits otherwise resell it and try again with alterations added for the next order?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bottolli donegal with C2 collar pencil stripe shirt

F9EBB342-D3A1-4246-A461-0551AF0592F1.jpeg

C1ADEAF3-34BE-44C7-B13D-6C8DBBDAECEF.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, could anyone provide measurements for the back rise including waistband for the high rise trousers contemporary cut for sizes 32/33/34?

Now that I know that you can mix and match suit trousers/jackets in terms of size, is it also possible to order a slim suit jacket but contemporary trousers?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, could anyone provide measurements for the back rise including waistband for the high rise trousers contemporary cut for sizes 32/33/34?

Now that I know that you can mix and match suit trousers/jackets in terms of size, is it also possible to order a slim suit jacket but contemporary trousers?

Back rise on a 34 contemporary high rise from SS20 is 17.5”

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Back rise on a 34 contemporary high rise from SS20 is 17.5”
Can confirm for 34 contemporary from FW20 (corduroy and covert).

Back rise for 33 contemporary from FW19 (Guabello wool/cotton): 17.25"

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bottolli donegal with C2 collar pencil stripe shirt

View attachment 1486252
View attachment 1486253
Man, those coloured flecks get me every time, seem much more vivid in your photos than on the S&M website. Wonder what the other FW Bottle colours look like, don't think I've seen the brown or green yet.

As @JayDee90 said, yea you should be able to mix and match contemp/slim SC and Trousers as needed. If you also need measurements, can always email CS!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads