• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carterjones

Reaction score
Yours looked great also, I think the darker button colour leans the outfit to more of an elegant/classy outfit. Mainly just depends on preference, like a lot of things lol
Yeah, I'm also thinking of doing a double-breasted MTO suit, but navy fabric and dark brown buttons, instead of charcoal and black.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm also thinking of doing a double-breasted MTO suit, but navy fabric and dark brown buttons, instead of charcoal and black.
I'm really interested in that Guabello Dark Gray fabric for a suit, that would probably be my choice if I were to MTO one, along with dark horn buttons

carterjones

Reaction score
I'm really interested in that Guabello Dark Gray fabric for a suit, that would probably be my choice if I were to MTO one, along with dark horn buttons
Actually mine was the Guabello Charcoal fabric, which I assume is darker than the Dark Gray and Medium Gray. The charcoal and dark gray looked very similar to each other based on the images, but the images weren't the best quality so I'm not sure how different they actually are. I also noticed there were two medium grays listed so I'm not sure if that is duplicated by mistake or if one is somehow different.

thisfits

Reaction score
Actually mine was the Guabello Charcoal fabric, which I assume is darker than the Dark Gray and Medium Gray. The charcoal and dark gray looked very similar to each other based on the images, but the images weren't the best quality so I'm not sure how different they actually are. I also noticed there were two medium grays listed so I'm not sure if that is duplicated by mistake or if one is somehow different.

Actually got a MTO suit (not 3-piece) in the Guabello Dark Gray. I was wondering the same thing and checked with S&M customer support before ordering. They described Dark Gray as somewhere between Charcoal and Medium Gray. Really like how it turned out with dark horn buttons

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for noticing. It’s a Timex Mercury from my birth year: 1967. Fun eBay gift to myself, with an old-school James Bond NATO strap.

Very nice! I was wondering if it was a vintage Timex- zooming in as much as I could, it looked similar to the Timex Marlin.

Also a big fan of those Bond NATOs, very versatile strap.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always appreciate people sharing fit pics and details ab new products. I wanted a cardigan and was going to buy the Scott and Charters one, but thought - with the price - I’d give this a shot first

excuse the sweatpants but I don’t wear real pants anymore :)

very soft. I have no issue w the buttons. Stop being so picky. This is a size S. I am about 5’9” and no clue how much I weigh. I typically am a US M, size 32 waist

Am definitely a fan and am keeping

BBFBFADC-5F7A-41E6-8084-0682D75A86FC.jpeg
26944F89-4448-4EDA-8ABD-EFE7F8047C73.jpeg

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, here’s a M in the polo sweater. Also keeping.
image.jpg

... edit: after trying this on (size M), there’s no way I would’ve gone for a M in the shawl collar. size down worked perfectly for me

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always appreciate people sharing fit pics and details ab new products. I wanted a cardigan and was going to buy the Scott and Charters one, but thought - with the price - I’d give this a shot first

excuse the sweatpants but I don’t wear real pants anymore :)

very soft. I have no issue w the buttons. Stop being so picky. This is a size S. I am about 5’9” and no clue how much I weigh. I typically am a US M, size 32 waist

Am definitely a fan and am keeping

View attachment 1484939 View attachment 1484941

Sweatpant gang - hi five!

Great fit on the sweater. I'm in the process of exchanging mine for a Medium. Can't wait!

hschrapel

Reaction score
Maybe I haven't the best of memories, but are these two pieces soon to be released or are they old stock? Stumbled across the model photos I don't recall seeing either? Looks to be a green herringbone and a very loud red and blue flannel/Tweed.
20201026_204547.jpg
20201026_204533.jpg

thisfits

Reaction score
Maybe I haven't the best of memories, but are these two pieces soon to be released or are they old stock? Stumbled across the model photos I don't recall seeing either? Looks to be a green herringbone and a very loud red and blue flannel/Tweed.

Those are from last year. S&M cropped out the model from nostrils up, which is why you may not recall them. This old post from @mossrockss shows the cropped shots.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like last season. The Drago, the Harris Tweed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads