• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you compare this to a SS weight navy hopsack? Which would you say is better for year round use?

I'd say it's all season. I'm wearing this right now at 36 deg cel but the hopsack isn't very open weaved so it should hold well against windy fall days. The jacket feels like my Loro Piana stretch wool jacket. Very flexible and light feeling yet holding proper drape. SM has some very special fabrics like the Zignone herringbone and the mint Botto G but they just don't say much about how great the fabrics are on their site. The Angelico Comfort Stretch is really awesome.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you compare this to a SS weight navy hopsack? Which would you say is better for year round use?

@Riva already answered above. But the fabric is soft and stretchy and in my eyes airy.

IMG_20201024_224438.jpg

JIMIG

Reaction score
Just ordered the stone covert high rise trousers. Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never owned similar stone covert trousers before.

How versatile would you say these are in terms of formality? I understand that they are well suited as odd trousers with sport coats, but will they work also work as a kind of dressy chinos alternative (i.e. with polos and sweaters)?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Riva already answered above. But the fabric is soft and stretchy and in my eyes airy.

View attachment 1483827

Damn apparently I got the SS20 "Angelico - Bright Navy Hopsack" and not the FW19 the original OP wanted. Mine is:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the stone covert high rise trousers. Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never owned similar stone covert trousers before.

How versatile would you say these are in terms of formality? I understand that they are well suited as odd trousers with sport coats, but will they work also work as a kind of dressy chinos alternative (i.e. with polos and sweaters)?
Yes, easily.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Permanently moving back to Scotland from UAE, so ordered a DB Overcoat, VBC Flannel Trousers and one of the long sleeve polo shirts.

Good news is I have an excuse to wear winter clothes; bad news is that as a fully fledged tax payer, I'm going to have to reduce impulsive clothes purchases... :(

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn apparently I got the SS20 "Angelico - Bright Navy Hopsack" and not the FW19 the original OP wanted. Mine is:

Yeah, I thought the fabric in your photo looked a little different.

They relaunched the OPs this year without the patch chest pocket.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Is there anybody with outfit pictures with the stone covert trousers? I Would love to know what they look like in the wild.

Cmezavz

Reaction score
Tried taking the closest color to real life as possible:

View attachment 1483818

This is actually a special one as it wears like a sweatshirt being from the Comfort Stretch line. If someone has to get 1 hopsack from SM get this one.

Thank you very much Sir for taking the time to post this excellent shot! Unfortunately, since I asked this innocent question all my potential sizes are gone now :(

Cmezavz

Reaction score
Is there anybody with outfit pictures with the stone covert trousers? I Would love to know what they look like in the wild.
This is what I got so far (pls apologize for the quality). I am still thinking about keeping them. They are a bit baggy for my style.

Attachments

• 35D8B45E-E021-4521-A65B-36A515649CF0.jpeg
    35D8B45E-E021-4521-A65B-36A515649CF0.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 4397FC03-8FF2-47B6-A0EE-19659FA32417.jpeg
    4397FC03-8FF2-47B6-A0EE-19659FA32417.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 9192268E-6196-4B7B-AA64-8BED66001DCE.jpeg
    9192268E-6196-4B7B-AA64-8BED66001DCE.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 146
  • D41820ED-BDF9-4788-AC55-2ED44BB28F41.jpeg
    D41820ED-BDF9-4788-AC55-2ED44BB28F41.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 143

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what I got so far (pls apologize for the quality). I am still thinking about keeping them. They are a bit baggy for my style.

Those are not "baggy" at all. Those look great and that is the cut you should be wearing.

Why is everyone here so obsessed with nut-hugging slim fits and short jackets while pretending to care about classic proportions?

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate the pics. I'm not a fit expert but I think they look great on you. Is the fabric see through?

conak

Reaction score
Edit: Ah, but it gives you an extra layer of fabric at the end of the inseam, meaning you'd actually have to wear through the outside layer to the get to the one that would be left if you converted to plain hem. Now I get it.

It was a bit difficult to describe what I meant--I should've just posted a picture--but seems like you got there

hschrapel

Reaction score
Do you have last seasons coverts by any chance for comparison? I'm anxious to receive mine as I'm PRAYING that they're a roomier fit that than last seasons

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads