• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ptfly

Reaction score
Totally mundane question (my specialty): the merino wool turtlenecks, fine gauge not cable knit--will they stretch out and lose shape if I hang them? Or is it better to fold them and store them in a drawer? Same question for the merino wool LS polos
I fold the turtles, crews and v necks. Since I grab the light weight cardigans often for the office I hang them on thick, cedar hangers. I don't get any shoulder bumps or growing on these as they are very light and finer gauge and they are not growing from gravity pulling them. I would definitely not hang any knit on a thin hanger.
Any mid weight to heavy sweater I fold.

charleswang

Reaction score
Yes, the sleeves are rolled up but it could also do without. I just like the look of rolled up sleeves on chunky knits. I’m usually a 33 length in shirts.

Good to know you folded up the sleeves a bit... 38R with 34 length sleeves typically and ordered a small. Was regretting that decision when I saw where the sleeves ended on you.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally mundane question (my specialty): the merino wool turtlenecks, fine gauge not cable knit--will they stretch out and lose shape if I hang them? Or is it better to fold them and store them in a drawer? Same question for the merino wool LS polos
Definitely fold to avoid shoulder “points” and stretching. I have all knitwear, regardless of knit gauge, folded and stored in clothing storage bags/boxes.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know you folded up the sleeves a bit... 38R with 34 length sleeves typically and ordered a small. Was regretting that decision when I saw where the sleeves ended on you.

oh good, you and I are in exactly the same boat lol (34.5 sleeve ideally for me, but still)

@CaliforniaTux, it looks like maybe1.5” folded up in that pic?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fold, Store In Cedar Chest, Always! :fonz:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-6°C here, and I’m so grateful for this Brisbane Moss corduroy.
1603557826905.jpeg

mbb355

Reaction score

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proposal: Since this thread moves so fast, how about created one or more new S&M thread based on category, ie general, fit and sizing, new release, @spiermackay questions thread, etc

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any IRL picture of this guy?

Here are some quick cell phone pictures. It is a nice cloth. It is very soft and has a nice texture. There are some lighter blue threads in the weave which adds some visual interest. In my eyes it can be worn all year round. I placed a dark navy fresco next to it for comparison.
IMG_20201024_200132.jpg

IMG_20201024_200149.jpg
IMG_20201024_200304.jpg

mbb355

Reaction score
Here are some quick cell phone pictures. It is a nice cloth. It is very soft and has a nice texture. There are some lighter blue threads in the weave which adds some visual interest. In my eyes it can be worn all year round. I placed a dark navy fresco next to it for comparison.
View attachment 1483546

View attachment 1483548 View attachment 1483549
One nice thing about this lighter shade of navy is it allow you to pull off "tonal navy" looks. In my experience, darker navy is extremely common and easy to acquire. Tonal navy requires varying shades of navy, distinct enough to not completely blur together. So you can wear this lighter navy jacket over, say, a dark navy oxford, or a dark navy cotton/merino polo, for a great smart casual or nighttime look.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1483546

View attachment 1483548 View attachment 1483549
How would you compare this to a SS weight navy hopsack? Which would you say is better for year round use?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics