• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chunky cardigan fit pic, because why not. Size is medium.

Sorry for the quality, had to zoom in

For reference, I wear 40 contemporary (with the standard drop 6 trousers), and 34 sleeves.

This is perfect and very re-assuring, thank you.
So glad I went for the medium, I also take 40R contemporary (or slim) in SC.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chunky cardigan fit pic, because why not. Size is medium.

Sorry for the quality, had to zoom in

For reference, I wear 40 contemporary (with the standard drop 6 trousers), and 34 sleeves.

this looks like a perfect fit- how tall are you? Also, is this the moss green?

I’m starting to be concerned about the sleeve length on the small I ordered..,

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t get the recently SALE20 discount to work on the Dark Brown flannel and Brown Covert trousers in my cart.
is anyone else having trouble? Rick, help?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t get the recently SALE20 discount to work on the Dark Brown flannel and Brown Covert trousers in my cart.
is anyone else having trouble? Rick, help?
It only applies to already discounted items.

lpast

Reaction score
Height: 178cm
weight: about 80kg

I also have similar specs. I all of my S&M sport coats are 38R Contemporary. I would suggest you try contemporary.

We might be built differently, but those are appr. my specs as well, and I take 40R. Would definitely, under no circumstances, be able to fit into 38. I could take 42 as well, but prefer the silhoutte of 40. Just my 2 cents...

FWIW, I should add that I trained in gym for appr. 13 years, so I have a large drop which you seem to have as well. Not active now as the slightest lifting would push me over towards a size 42, but I've kept much of the muscular foundation in the upper body.

How contemplative going to 40R as well. I'm assuming the most I have to gain is a bit more drape. What are your major issues with 38?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have similar specs. I all of my S&M sport coats are 38R Contemporary. I would suggest you try contemporary.

How contemplative going to 40R as well. I'm assuming the most I have to gain is a bit more drape. What are your major issues with 38?
To tight overall and to short.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems this was released last year as well? Curious if there is any photos of it out there and how it compares to the SS Angelico Navy Hopsack
Not sure, tbh. But it looks like the perfect bright shade of navy. I have several navy (hopsack) jackets. But they're all dark/midnight. This one would definitely fill a void in the navy department in my wardrobe.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
this looks like a perfect fit- how tall are you? Also, is this the moss green?

I’m starting to be concerned about the sleeve length on the small I ordered..,
Yes, this is the moss green. Pants are the dark brown moleskin. The colors are muddled a bit due to very soft indoor lighting and zooming.

I'm 5'9" (175 cm), but my torso is quite a bit longer than my legs. If my legs were the same length as my torso I'd be 6' ?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last years version had the patch breast pocket, it's a heavier hopsack - a really nice fabric.

2014-324-2-1.jpg
I think that one is available in the MTO section. But it's described simply as navy. So I suppose it's darker.

EDIT: forget it. It was a plain fabric and not hopsack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads