• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kubaba5

Reaction score
Looks short and tight. Did you ever try a larger size or contemporary (if this is slim)?
I did not try larger size in S&M, but in similar brands and this is rather not the way to go :) I would even say that it’s pretty loose and I like it as it is supposed to be a summer season

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kubaba5

Reaction score
Mostly agree with @Ebichuman
Shoulders and chest look good. Waist and seat look too snug. Length is ok, but it could be a bit longer.
I usually have problem with sportcoats as I dont have straight back. I can show you how it looked in my case for different brand with size 48 and 50 (not much different with bigger size)

Attachments

• E1B3AB2E-857D-47F1-96BA-5AD6AED12BBE.jpeg
    E1B3AB2E-857D-47F1-96BA-5AD6AED12BBE.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 37875A7F-B482-412D-84C7-E6D5E8F6DA13.jpeg
    37875A7F-B482-412D-84C7-E6D5E8F6DA13.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 40523EF4-AD0F-44C8-A7C1-8292CAF296AD.jpeg
    40523EF4-AD0F-44C8-A7C1-8292CAF296AD.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 73A542AD-4D71-416F-96E1-B9FCEE162A0A.jpeg
    73A542AD-4D71-416F-96E1-B9FCEE162A0A.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 122

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually have problem with sportcoats as I dont have straight back. I can show you how it looked in my case for different brand with size 48 and 50 (not much different with bigger size)
I would say the brown is a tad too short and tight like @Ebichuman has stated. Looking at the side profile, it looks as if it follows your back/rear so tight it outlines it. It is supposed to subtly follow the contours, not be like this (AFAIK, others can confirm). It looks like there is also a subtle X pattern in the button, meaning too tight. What size did you get??
As for the other two photos, you can clearly see an X pattern in them along with wrinkles in the back. They are definitely too tight. What is your chest size?

kubaba5

Reaction score
I would say the brown is a tad too short and tight like @Ebichuman has stated. Looking at the side profile, it looks as if it follows your back/rear so tight it outlines it. It is supposed to subtly follow the contours, not be like this (AFAIK, others can confirm). It looks like there is also a subtle X pattern in the button, meaning too tight. What size did you get??
As for the other two photos, you can clearly see an X pattern in them along with wrinkles in the back. They are definitely too tight. What is your chest size?
My chest is about 96cm. The sportcoat is 38. I guess this is correct size according to S&M size table

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My chest is about 96cm. The sportcoat is 38. I guess this is correct size according to S&M size table
Theoretically, maybe. You'll benefit from sizing up, my friend.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the 38R Slim? If so, you definitely need either a 38 Contemporary or try a 40 Slim next time around. I would also maybe recommend trying a Long instead of a regular (at least for the 38, maybe the extra length of the 40 would be fine in regular length).

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have a prominent bum and the exact same chest size.

Curious to see whether that's a 38R Slim or Contemporary. Based on how narrow the waist is out of the box, I'm guessing slim.

There is no way I'd be comfortable in a 38R slim, I only wear contemporary.

kubaba5

Reaction score
Is this the 38R Slim? If so, you definitely need either a 38 Contemporary or try a 40 Slim next time around. I would also maybe recommend trying a Long instead of a regular (at least for the 38, maybe the extra length of the 40 would be fine in regular length).
I’m afraid that it’s impossible as it was last unit and I had to import it to Europe ? Anyway I know that’s not perfect, but I hope it’s at least okay... Maybe that will be another reason to loose some cm :)
it’s 38 slim. I don’t know what this ‚R’ stands for?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m afraid that it’s impossible as it was last unit and I had to import it to Europe ? Anyway I know that’s not perfect, but I hope it’s at least okay... Maybe that will be another reason to loose some cm :)
R stands for Regular length. I hope you get joy from wearing your amazing new jacket. You chose it, and you like the way it fits you. I like it, too.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can get it on and it looks fine, definitely still wear it as otherwise it'd be a waste of money and resources to just not wear it. Just next time, I would suggest trying the 38L Contemporary (or at least the 38R Contemporary), I think you'll be pleased! Enjoy the jacket and hopefully it serves you well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads