• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conak

Reaction score
Thanks. This is news to me. I always thought they turned it up.

Just watched the process on Youtube?

FYI, There are different ways of doing a cuff, but a true cuff is ideal for durability of the hem and longevity of the trousers themselves. A true cuff uses a regular stich for the hem (similar to chinos) as opposed to a blind stitch--since the hem won't be seen--making for a much more secure hold than a trouser without a cuff. The hem is longer than the desired inseam because the fabric is folded over itself and then sewn in place at the side seams (any cuttings to reduce length are discarded, NOT sewn onto the cuff). This means that the friction point between your pant leg and shoes or the ground actually occurs past your measured inseam at a length twice the width of the cuff. So if it begins to fray, you can easily release the hem, fold back the cloth, and have either a smaller cuff or an uncuffed hem put in with the frayed section either removed or folded inside the leg.

theh00d

Reaction score
I can only comment on slim fit. It is just like last F/W wools. I was afraid they had changed to the much fuller slim I rcvd for the summer sondrio dark brown denim. I should have returned that one as the thighs were very, very full. It took a lot of work to get it wearable for my build.
I bought the rust donegal because I liked the color but not sure about the pairing options yet as it is still too hot here. Mainly sweaters pairings for me I bet.

Thank you. I'll probably be getting the slim fit too.
Hmm that makes me curious of how much the fit have changed since I only tried the regular fit in linen from back in 2018 (I believe). No longer own it.
My only two other trousers from S&M is the high rise tobacco fresco & cream flannel in slim fit as well.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mitch! Yeap, I'm Mexican. Answering to your question, I think it would be hard to put the Mexican flavor since, from my point of view, we don't have such items of tailoring, other than the traditional "charro" suit. Most Mexican tailors/tailored clothes are a mix of British and Spanish tailoring, which isn't bad but most of that influence is back from the 50's-60's. So boxy cuts and massively padded shoulders.

Will try to find something with some Mexican influence and see how it looks. :D
Haha no worries, I was just wondering; I wondered whether there might be certain color combinations you like to bring in or other unique culturally significant items outside the realm of tailoring like certain jewelry or other accessories.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 new sport coat's have been added by Angelico, Bright Navy Hopsack (seems like a heavier hopsack) & Light Brown Windowpane

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 new sport coat's have been added by Angelico, Bright Navy Hopsack (seems like a heavier hopsack) & Light Brown Windowpane
You keep putting the apostrophe into plural forms but you do know that it's "coats" and "chinos" and "cords", right?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full mint green flannel suit, a bit more subtle than this year’s emerald.

59737804-4721-4B99-BA98-AB0C82BC7CA3.jpeg

FD04B971-2E17-4272-A5AF-AA3BB4B7DB6A.jpeg

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads