• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ptfly

Reaction score
I think this is due to people that posted pictures here mostly going with their normal sweater size for the relaxed look, over the sizing down for slim fit, thus they have more fabric and it therefore sags down more creating the longer effect. I feel like the model sized down one for the trim look for the photo, as I think it fits him well. However, could just as easily be the model may have a longer torso and shorter legs? Who knows, no model measurements
Many possibilities. This is a proto or design sample photographed as I doubt the image was shot a week ago. Could be a bit different than the production. We don’t know his measurements or size/specs worn.
Has anyone measured their sweater against the published specs? This heavy of a sweater would likely grow a bit. This model looks taller and bigger than the model in the ecru sweater. Stylist also usually do things like clip the middle back to make a garment look more fitted.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oatmeal Over Oatmeal, Sounds Like It's Hot!

Oatmeal.jpg

OatmealPeacoat.jpg

Almond Split Toe And A Houndstooth...
20201021_175927.jpg

20201021_175948.jpg

Last edited:

rjwdressed

Reaction score
Around this time of year, I usually try to wait for the impending flash sales next month, but there is so many amazing pieces calling my name right now ?‍♂️?

lpast

Reaction score
S&M jacket, shirt and trousers. I absolutely love the high rise cut.

Question. I have the Dark denim version. Is the inside of these pants not another color? How did you get a cuff with the same outside color?

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
So one thing that's been bothering me with all these drops is the lack of light grey trousers. I see there is one light grey flannel, but that's without the side-tabs. But even then, there's worsted light greys and all kinds of others missing. And these tend to be sold out very, very quickly. I hope Rick is working on delivering more light greys.

I would actually urge you to take a second look at those gray VBC ones available RTW. Unless my monitor is playing tricks on me, it's the same fabric that I had made into a suit last year. The trousers turned out to be so versatile that I actually had a second pair made. The fabric is gray-ish, but there's a tinge of tan to it, which allows it to look just as good with a blue blazer as it does with a brown guncheck or something in olive, green, etc. It also works with a white or blue shirt, but can also go with a more colorful gingham or tattersall if you want to do the Cordings look, something that a true light gray might not do as well. I originally was leaning heavily towards the light gray, which I actually think S&M had last year, but the guy steered me towards this one and I am glad he did.

Re: the side tabs, I guess if you are a purist then yea, this might not work, but if you really want to, a tailor can take the material left over after hemming and make the straps for you that way.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would actually urge you to take a second look at those gray VBC ones available RTW. Unless my monitor is playing tricks on me, it's the same fabric that I had made into a suit last year. The trousers turned out to be so versatile that I actually had a second pair made. The fabric is gray-ish, but there's a tinge of tan to it, which allows it to look just as good with a blue blazer as it does with a brown guncheck or something in olive, green, etc. It also works with a white or blue shirt, but can also go with a more colorful gingham or tattersall if you want to do the Cordings look, something that a true light gray might not do as well. I originally was leaning heavily towards the light gray, which I actually think S&M had last year, but the guy steered me towards this one and I am glad he did.

Re: the side tabs, I guess if you are a purist then yea, this might not work, but if you really want to, a tailor can take the material left over after hemming and make the straps for you that way.

already sold out in my size. Never fails..

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes/no/maybe?

like the shot from distance
1603343866910.png

but on the zoom in shot, not so sure about the color mix
1603343891789.png

mbb355

Reaction score
yes/no/maybe?

like the shot from distance
View attachment 1482018

but on the zoom in shot, not so sure about the color mix
View attachment 1482019
I think my problem with this piece is it has summery colors in a wintery cloth, making it appear a little incongruous. It needs either the same colors in a summery cloth, or more autumnal colors in the same cloth.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think my problem with this piece is it has summery colors in a wintery cloth, making it appear a little incongruous. It needs either the same colors in a summery cloth, or more autumnal colors in the same cloth.

nailed it, a bit more "brown" would probably do it

theh00d

Reaction score
Anyone got the rust donegal? Any fit pics? And, what would you pair it with? Thanks ?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question. I have the Dark denim version. Is the inside of these pants not another color? How did you get a cuff with the same outside color?
It’s a good question. A tailored cuff isn’t made by rolling the pant leg up. A piece is taken off the bottom, flipped around, and then sewn back on with the outside of the cloth facing out.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can’t easily reconcile why the fits shown here are so different than this one from the Spier site. Is the model wearing a really small size? Most of the pics here show a longer cardigan and a much lower neck opening, too. Thoughts anyone?
Many possibilities. This is a proto or design sample photographed as I doubt the image was shot a week ago. Could be a bit different than the production. We don’t know his measurements or size/specs worn.
Has anyone measured their sweater against the published specs? This heavy of a sweater would likely grow a bit. This model looks taller and bigger than the model in the ecru sweater. Stylist also usually do things like clip the middle back to make a garment look more fitted.
Rick replied to someone's comment on instagram who asked about this model's specs. The model in this photo apparently wears a 40R Slim suit, and is wearing a Medium in his Heathered Cream Turtleneck photo. So, my guess would be he is wearing a Small in this photo as it isn't loose looking like it was designed to be, so must have sized down for photo purposes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads