• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but they just put up the Navy Polo Coat, a VBC Chocolate Flannel High Rise, and a Charcoal Covert High Rise for Pre-Order

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emerald is up

SpierAndMackayFW20_3138-003-E162_1.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emerald is up

SpierAndMackayFW20_3138-003-E162_1.jpg
I think it looks beautiful in the pictures. Just not sure if it's to bright or not. Having acquired the Drago Emerald Herringbone last season, I'm hesitant as this might be redundant in my wardrobe.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks beautiful in the pictures. Just not sure if it's to bright or not. Having acquired the Drago Emerald Herringbone last season, I'm hesitant as this might be redundant in my wardrobe.

The fabric looks great but I agree, it's pretty redundant against the Drago emerald herringbone and the Botto Giuseppe mint green flannel from last year.

JayDee90

Reaction score
The fabric looks great but I agree, it's pretty redundant against the Drago emerald herringbone and the Botto Giuseppe mint green flannel from last year.
I think the variation of the herringbone (green, black) was more interesting as was the texture. This almost looks, dare I say it, too green?

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The pictures got that thang lookin' right! Should be enough distinction from the mint green flannel sportcoat to cop. Pictures make the emerald green tweed fabric look a bit like flannel. Either way, can never have enough green considering it's my wife's favorite color and one that looks pretty decent on me.

dapperedhoo

Reaction score
Trying to build out my sport coat rotation for work and was looking for some suggestions. Client facing role (post covid) 5 days a week. Have a SM navy hopsack, but looking for another 4 or so jackets to add to the mix. Perhaps a dark brown/pattern, guncheck, different shade/pattern blue, green? Trousers are all various shades of mid/light gray, light brown, stone. Live in North Carolina so winters are moderate and I run hot so tweed is out for me and 100% linen in summer is too casual. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solid navy, navy or blue pattern that reads solid from distance (like a plaid or tonal guncheck), dark brown closer to solid, brown/khaki/cream w/ more of a pattern, olive or dark green

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to build out my sport coat rotation for work and was looking for some suggestions. Client facing role (post covid) 5 days a week. Have a SM navy hopsack, but looking for another 4 or so jackets to add to the mix. Perhaps a dark brown/pattern, guncheck, different shade/pattern blue, green? Trousers are all various shades of mid/light gray, light brown, stone. Live in North Carolina so winters are moderate and I run hot so tweed is out for me and 100% linen in summer is too casual. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Well, if you're building a staples wardrobe only I'd stick to basics: navy, green, brown solids and throw in one or two checks or houndstooths. I love solid subtle herringbone patterns personally. Have you checked the MTO section?

dapperedhoo

Reaction score
Well, if you're building a staples wardrobe only I'd stick to basics: navy, green, brown solids and throw in one or two checks or houndstooths. I love solid subtle herringbone patterns personally. Have you checked the MTO section?

Thank you both for suggestions. Building a staples wardrobe, meant to put that in. Not interested in having a large closet of items. I’m pretty minimal and stick with the basics for shirts, pants, etc. It’s conservative work environment so nothing too loud. Have not looked at mto route.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for suggestions. Building a staples wardrobe, meant to put that in. Not interested in having a large closet of items. I’m pretty minimal and stick with the basics for shirts, pants, etc. It’s conservative work environment so nothing too loud. Have not looked at mto route.
I'd definitely look into MTO if I were you. Get the exact pieces you want.

- Navy hopsack
- Navy flannel or some other heavier fabric suitable for colder weather.
- There are some excellent solid brown herringbone options there as well. I'd grab two browns if I were you. One for each season. One could be some kind of guncheck or something along those lines, preferably the one for the colder months if you ask me.
- Two greens, you could go for one twill fabric. There're some in forest green that are nice. The other could be some kind of fresco for warmer weather.

Stick to darker colours overall.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As someone else who runs hot, I just want to say that you shouldn't dismiss tweed automatically. To be honest, I don't find my tweed jackets to be any less comfortable/warmer than my other jackets. For me, I'm either going to be hot and uncomfortable or I'm not. Linen, for example, never saves me from feeling uncomfortable if it's hot out.

Bringing it home with a real world example, I honestly can barely tell the difference between my Moon tweed (360 gsm) and my Drago linen/wool (260 gsm) from S&M.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads