• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy cellphone pics of the moss green chonker.

Initial thoughts:
- woowee. She's a heavy one. Like I'm wearing the sheep itself.
- lapel is wide and ******
- can't even tell these are plastic buttons
- very deep v
- small button on the right side but no hole on the left. What's this for? Oh. Found the buttonhole on the left lapel. If I was to use it regularly it would defs rip.
- has a lot of give
- fits a bit long to me on the body, covers my whole butt, like a contemporary sportcoat length
- sleeves are the perfect length
- very soft. No itchy scratchy
- colour is nice; has little orange bits here and there
- I'd prefer a sixth button Instead of the tiny small one
- defs size down if you wanna wear a tshirt only underneath and want a trim fit
- unsure if I wanna stick with the Large or go down to a Medium. If I go medium it will only be slightly shorter but overall tighter and not loosey goosey old dude super casual ish
- I wear 42R contemporary in S&M and Large size generally
- that's my review. Thanks for tuning in
Blessings from the most high to you and your family, sir. The first shawl sweater IRL. Let’s go. Mine arrives tomorrow.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a shipping notification for any of the new houndstooth sport coats?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy cellphone pics of the moss green chonker.

Initial thoughts:
- woowee. She's a heavy one. Like I'm wearing the sheep itself.
- lapel is wide and ******
- can't even tell these are plastic buttons
- very deep v
- small button on the right side but no hole on the left. What's this for? Oh. Found the buttonhole on the left lapel. If I was to use it regularly it would defs rip.
- has a lot of give
- fits a bit long to me on the body, covers my whole butt, like a contemporary sportcoat length
- sleeves are the perfect length
- very soft. No itchy scratchy
- colour is nice; has little orange bits here and there
- I'd prefer a sixth button Instead of the tiny small one
- defs size down if you wanna wear a tshirt only underneath and want a trim fit
- unsure if I wanna stick with the Large or go down to a Medium. If I go medium it will only be slightly shorter but overall tighter and not loosey goosey old dude super casual ish
- I wear 42R contemporary in S&M and Large size generally
- that's my review. Thanks for tuning in
That Moss Green looks unique, almost like a grey/green melange colour. Definitely think that's the colour I'll be getting, but the Navy also looks mighty nice. So many options lmao

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Moss Green looks unique, almost like a grey/green melange colour. Definitely think that's the colour I'll be getting, but the Navy also looks mighty nice. So many options lmao

I have a white shawl cardigan and a sweater in the rest of the colours; not so ******; but really wanted something with a little extra in the colour. Moss green was the right call. Those little bits of orange that no one will ever notice - I like 'em.

Also. Super quick update. I have the windows open. 9 degrees out there. My feet are cold sitting here at my desk. But muh bodehhh - my bodeh is waaarm.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a white shawl cardigan and a sweater in the rest of the colours; not so ******; but really wanted something with a little extra in the colour. Moss green was the right call. Those little bits of orange that no one will ever notice - I like 'em.

Also. Super quick update. I have the windows open. 9 degrees out there. My feet are cold sitting here at my desk. But muh bodehhh - my bodeh is waaarm.
Thanks for the write up :fistbump: it’s great to finally see some shots and real life perspective
Are the buttons really plastic though? :confused2:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you say it has enough contrast to pair with the S&M Surplus Green chinos? Either way think that's the colour I want, settled lol

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up :fistbump: it’s great to finally see some shots and real life perspective
Are the buttons really plastic though? :confused2:

They're not genuine horn buttons. I think it was said many, many pages back that they are plastic. They are not flimsy in any way.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you say it has enough contrast to pair with the S&M Surplus Green chinos? Either way think that's the colour I want, settled lol

I can't say. I don't own those pants so I don't know what the IRL colour looks like. But I wouldn't do what I just did and wear green sweatpants with a green cardigan. It looks pretty lazy (which I was today). It would work well with every other trouser colour - except, maybe not pink.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I secured the stone colour, I just hope they're contemporary fit is not as narrow as last season

Ah, I sure hope so! I had to return the medium gray from last year. I don't like having to always return stuff but I also don't want stuff I want to go out of stock. Such a dilemma with S&M's trouser fits.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Ah, I sure hope so! I had to return the medium gray from last year. I don't like having to always return stuff but I also don't want stuff I want to go out of stock. Such a dilemma with S&M's trouser fits.
Agreed. To add salt to the wound, it isn't exactly easy returning things from Europe. So it's either they fit, you make them fit or you try to resell them to recuperate the funds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads