• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayDee90

Reaction score
yeah, I bought a couple pairs last season and they were waaaay too slim in Contemporary- like, skintight against my calves. They also seemed 1/2-3/4” too small in the waist for my usual size. Thankfully there was quite a bit of excess fabric, so they’re fine now that they’ve been let out.
To clarify, my initial comment was not about the makeup but more about the difference in the fabric/weave/weight. Didn't mean to bring up the topic of the ill fitting coverts again!

hschrapel

Reaction score
Thank you Sir. I have seen a closeup of the the swatch of the red Moon and i'm confident it's different enough, the pattern scale is also larger than this one I believe. The website pics I feel are a little over exposed.

Many thanks my friend. I don't actually wear full suits often, I mix and match separates mostly if that's what you meant?

Around 0.75". S&M trousers come up quite large on the waist I found.
Did you receive a shipping notice yet? I know it was only the other day they dropped, waiting I'm waiting anxiously to get my notification.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
What was the issue with the coverts?
If I have been reading correctly the past bit, it was that they were too tight in the seat and thigh, like a size or two too small, last time they were released.

The problem in a nutshell (last year's mid grey covert vs this year's tan corduroy, both 34 contemporary):
tAPencUm.jpg

(full res)

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of you guys are professionals when it comes to posting fit pics. I am not. Here’s my best attempt, though. After many rounds, here’s the best of ‘em. I admire folks who are more skilled than I in this. Tried to get a couple shots of the covert twills in action, which my tailor saved and was able to make wearable.
Sportcoat: SM shepherds check
Shirt: SM fine twill
Tie: Knottery grenadine
Trews: SM covert twills
Shoes: Yanko Belgians; Meermin suede oxfords
View attachment 1480878
So good. And we all hate you now for being so handsome. ?

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Damn. I hope those Guabello are similar to the Sondrio's denim cotton/linen.

If the Guabello wool/cotton are cut the same way as last year, you'll need to size up for the same fit as the Sondrio denim cotton/linen. I have a pair of FW19 Guabello in 35C that are about the same as my SS19 Sondrio in 34C.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem in a nutshell (last year's mid grey covert vs this year's tan corduroy, both 34 contemporary):
tAPencUm.jpg

(full res)

This change was made from SS20, my high rise Sondrio are roomier, but I personally, welcome this change, the FW19 high rise flannels were a touch on the slim side IMO - this change brings them in line with high rise OTR trousers from other makers.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1480956

Just dropped.

Waiting patiently for the OCBD restock ? @spiermackay
Not sure if I actually like it or want to like it. I like the colours, but feel like the pattern is too much in your face. It reminds me of Suit Supply.

Then again, there're plenty of trousers it should work well with: grays, shades of brown, fawn, tan... Maybe I do like it after all ?

Last edited:

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
This change was made from SS20, my high rise Sondrio are roomier, but I persinally, welcome this change, the FW19 high rise flannels were a touch on the slim side IMO - this change brings them in line with high rise OTR trousers from other makers.

Yeah it's weird, from what I can tell last year's high rise seem under spec by half an inch and this year over spec by the same. I'll take more cloth any day though.

How do they wear? I understand that they're quite durable?

The covert wear like a tank. Even though they're a little bit tight at 34, they've fared much better than my roomier pair of 35 Guabello wool/cotton as of now (about 5-6 full day wears each over two months, mostly sitting on ****** at work).

The Guabello are already starting to pill at the crotch in fact. The colors and texture are superb but they might not be the best everyday trousers.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy cellphone pics of the moss green chonker.

Initial thoughts:
- woowee. She's a heavy one. Like I'm wearing the sheep itself.
- lapel is wide and ******
- can't even tell these are plastic buttons
- very deep v
- small button on the right side but no hole on the left. What's this for? Oh. Found the buttonhole on the left lapel. If I was to use it regularly it would defs rip.
- has a lot of give
- fits a bit long to me on the body, covers my whole butt, like a contemporary sportcoat length
- sleeves are the perfect length
- very soft. No itchy scratchy
- colour is nice; has little orange bits here and there
- I'd prefer a sixth button Instead of the tiny small one
- defs size down if you wanna wear a tshirt only underneath and want a trim fit
- unsure if I wanna stick with the Large or go down to a Medium. If I go medium it will only be slightly shorter but overall tighter and not loosey goosey old dude super casual ish
- I wear 42R contemporary in S&M and Large size generally
- that's my review. Thanks for tuning in

Attachments

• PXL_20201020_204409281.jpg
    PXL_20201020_204409281.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20201020_204436418.jpg
    PXL_20201020_204436418.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 131
  • PXL_20201020_204517522.jpg
    PXL_20201020_204517522.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 129
  • PXL_20201020_204534729.jpg
    PXL_20201020_204534729.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 126

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads