• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard or seen if the sizing on cardigans/vnecks changes this year? Specifically the necks since they were humongous last year. @spiermackay

inTROYspection

Reaction score
I feel like side tabs gotta be high rise though

I don't think so, but to each their own, I guess. I can't bring myself to wear high rise trousers, especially if I'm not wearing a jacket—feels too Urkel. But I like the clean look of side tabs.

mbb355

Reaction score
I don't think so, but to each their own, I guess. I can't bring myself to wear high rise trousers, especially if I'm not wearing a jacket—feels too Urkel. But I like the clean look of side tabs.
Agree, to each their own. To me, side tabs are more formal, as are a higher rise. I might worry that side tabs on a lower rise creates a "formality mismatch." I also personally am tall with a long torso, so I appreciate that high-rise trousers make my legs look longer, regardless of whether I'm wearing a jacket. I basically prefer high-rise anything all the time. Trousers, chinos, jeans, etc. It's the way pants were classically worn and, in my mind, for good reason, as pants look best when they accentuate the natural waist.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Just got the shipping notification on my sweaters :-D

With these being machine washable (and lay flat to dry), is any shrinkage to be expected? My experience with merino wool is limited to some sweaters from the Bay which all shrunk 0.5-1 size after a wash and flat dry.

Seems like the sizing for this S&M release is more TTS so I'm trying to figure out how I should judge which size I got and figure out if I should exchange for something smaller. I'm a 40R and went with L, however my stomach isn't always a 40R...

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With these being machine washable (and lay flat to dry), is any shrinkage to be expected? My experience with merino wool is limited to some sweaters from the Bay which all shrunk 0.5-1 size after a wash and flat dry.

Seems like the sizing for this S&M release is more TTS so I'm trying to figure out how I should judge which size I got and figure out if I should exchange for something smaller. I'm a 40R and went with L, however my stomach isn't always a 40R...

I’m curious to see sizing as well. I’m a 38R and S&M suggested (confidently, I might add) via PM on Instagram that I should order a small, though I’m a medium in the merino sweaters. I haven’t received a shipping notification, but I’ll update when it comes in

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last years Moon guncheck, looking forward to wearing this years soon!

View attachment 1480426
View attachment 1480427
Well done ny friend.

I have this SC as well and love it. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on this year's iteration of thus jacket. I've abstained from acquiring it as I'm afraid it'll look to similar. Also, the mentioning of black in it kind of put me off. Love to hear your thoughts on both those matters once in your hands.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kooler Days Ahead!

20201017_215649.jpg

20201017_215517.jpg

20201017_215837.jpg

20201017_215945.jpg

rudesounds

Reaction score
Hey guys, whats the sleeve length on some of the sportshirts like the madras where i cant choose the length?

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, whats the sleeve length on some of the sportshirts like the madras where i cant choose the length?
So usually if you click the size chart, there should be a sleeve length measurement there. However, on my phone right now, it seems it is not on the madras size chart. So, click on the denim sport shirt size chart, as it is on there, and they should be the same sleeve length

rudesounds

Reaction score
So usually if you click the size chart, there should be a sleeve length measurement there. However, on my phone right now, it seems it is not on the madras size chart. So, click on the denim sport shirt size chart, as it is on there, and they should be the same sleeve length
Found it. Thanks!

Beav

Reaction score

Please post your thoughts on sizing when they arrive. I too am.one of those guys that is a 40 but maybe not always a 40 around the middle ?. It can make sizing tricky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads