• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Fox Bros. - Brown & Green Check

C7FA1D28-1B80-42C0-8AB2-E3D512FF564A.jpeg

Reaction score
Superb! Out of interest, how's the fit of this seasons jackets, are they running slim, large or normal?

This jacket is one size larger than my usual size (38R cont vs 36R cont) but I’ve put on a few pounds in the past 7-8 months (mostly in the midsection area) so I’m not sure if I can be a good gauge for the fit.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This jacket is one size larger than my usual size (38R cont vs 36R cont) but I’ve put on a few pounds in the past 7-8 months (mostly in the midsection area) so I’m not sure if I can be a good gauge for the fit.
Fwiw I think the fit is excellent. Keep those extra pounds, lol.

Fwiw2 if I ever consider grabbing the jacket (on heavy discount) it'd be because of your pic. Good job.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has the chunky cardigan, please post a pic. Model shots are cool, but would love to see it on a non model. Mine should be arriving next week, but I clearly have zero patience.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also waiting patiently for chunky cardigan pics and sizing advice. I have the KW cardigan which fits well and the measurements from that would put me at a M in the S&M cardigan, however I wear a large in the other S&M merino knitwear (rollneck and cardigans). I am a 40R slim/contemporary in jackets.

ptfly

Reaction score
Same size and also patiently waiting. From guessing at the pics and specs I suspect the new chunk in medium is not as trim as the L KW. I returned Spier Med cardigans for all larges year ago. Even the Large jersey cardigan is pretty close fitting.

ptfly

Reaction score
If anyone has the chunky cardigan, please post a pic. Model shots are cool, but would love to see it on a non model. Mine should be arriving next week, but I clearly have zero patience.
I wish they could have given model measurements and size worn in the photo descriptions.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same size and also patiently waiting. From guessing at the pics and specs I suspect the new chunk in medium is not as trim as the L KW. I returned Spier Med cardigans for all larges year ago. Even the Large jersey cardigan is pretty close fitting.

There’s a member a few pages back that bought a M, he takes 40S in a SC and he says the fit is perfect, but unfortunately no pics. His perfect might be my too slim.

I have ordered a M, the order also contains some pre-order items which won’t ship for a few weeks so that should give me an opportunity to wait and see if some fit pics emerge on here, I will then ask for a size swap if necessary.

The KW is quite slim - I took a large but it is very stretchy.

ptfly

Reaction score
There’s a member a few pages back that bought a M, he takes 40S in a SC and he says the fit is perfect, but unfortunately no pics. His perfect might be my too slim.

I have ordered a M, the order also contains some pre-order items which won’t ship for a few weeks so that should give me an opportunity to wait and see if some fit pics emerge on here, I will then ask for a size swap if necessary.

The KW is quite slim - I took a large but it is very stretchy.
I had a friend help me stretch out the sleeve length a bit on my L KW brown sweater. It is not a delicate garment.
Saw the ecru in Med was running low on SM so I got one just now. The gentleman earlier said the sleeve length was great for him (40S) so I am hoping mine isn't too short.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up pulling the trigger on the brown houndstooth and the red and black houndstooth to complete the trifector. I have the old green houndstooth from many moons ago so couldn't justify purchasing a re-do. Really curious about the weight difference with this new red and black houndstooth. Also, didn't pay attention, but were these pre-orders or ready to ship?
ready to ship? but the website a little strange right now since the new polo sweaters are up as final sale items.

That red and black houndstooth, what is the fabric? website just says wool. I assume with moon that it is a lambswool or a shetland wool tweed? I suppose it could also be merino.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads