• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hschrapel

Reaction score
I ended up pulling the trigger on the brown houndstooth and the red and black houndstooth to complete the trifector. I have the old green houndstooth from many moons ago so couldn't justify purchasing a re-do. Really curious about the weight difference with this new red and black houndstooth. Also, didn't pay attention, but were these pre-orders or ready to ship?

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
I ended up pulling the trigger on the brown houndstooth and the red and black houndstooth to complete the trifector. I have the old green houndstooth from many moons ago so couldn't justify purchasing a re-do. Really curious about the weight difference with this new red and black houndstooth. Also, didn't pay attention, but were these pre-orders or ready to ship?
ready to ship? but the website a little strange right now since the new polo sweaters are up as final sale items.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice choices. They're ready to ship.

I grabbed the brown houndstooth as well. Wanted to get the red/black as well, but did a MTO a couple of days ago for the Abraham Moon red & brown check and thought that they might look to similar as both are based around brown and red.
254a7321d520259422f7bcaa9f22c6ba.jpg
GCHECK-4904W-D02-Glen-check.jpg

BTW, am I the only one not being able to see the black in the red & black houndstooth?

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any real life pics of that burgundy dinner jacket in the wild?
I have that jacket but I had it shipped to my cousin's house, so maybe I can send photos in a few days if no one else does

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox Bros. - Brown & Green Check SC is now available for pre orders. But at $600, I think I'll have to pass on this one. Had it been sans the green checks, I might actually have considered it. Although a nice touch, they do make it less versatile. The pricing is MTO territory imo. It does look stunning however. And the pattern matching is impeccable.
Yea, idk why but the Moon Black & Red houndstooth is about same weight and looks better to me than this, along with being cheaper. I'd much rather that ?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, idk why but the Moon Black & Red houndstooth is about same weight and looks better to me than this, along with being cheaper. I'd much rather that ?
Trust your taste, X-Log. Costing more doesn’t make something look better.

mbb355

Reaction score
Fox Bros. - Brown & Green Check SC is now available for pre orders. But at $600, I think I'll have to pass on this one. Had it been sans the green checks, I might actually have considered it. Although a nice touch, they do make it less versatile. The pricing is MTO territory imo. It does look stunning however. And the pattern matching is impeccable.
I'm also slightly turned off by the green checks. Last F/W's Fox Bros subtle brown check flannel was the perfect cloth, imo

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All about subtle pattern's or solid colours. If you get something like this year's FB's I'd find that more people would know if you wore it more than once in a week or in photos, but something like this is more likely to get by with a lot of wear
That's true. I don't line venturing out to much. But having covered the basics (almost, still missing staple/solid browns for S/W) somewhat justifies more bold patterns, imo.

But I guess it all depends on the size of wardrobe your aiming for. I'm not aiming for a minimalist SC wardrobe, so I don't mind having a couple of bolder jackets if they're versatile. This particular brown jacket with green overcheck is quite bold, but not versatile because of the green. It's not that it contains an extra color in the green overcheck, but that the green in itself is loud.

mbb355

Reaction score
That's true. I don't line venturing out to much. But having covered the basics (almost, still missing staple/solid browns for S/W) somewhat justifies more bold patterns, imo.

But I guess it all depends on the size of wardrobe your aiming for. I'm not aiming for a minimalist SC wardrobe, so I don't mind having a couple of bolder jackets if they're versatile. This particular brown jacket with green overcheck is quite bold, but not versatile because of the green. It's not that it contains an extra color in the green overcheck, but that the green in itself is loud.
I completely agree but what I especially love about last F/W's Fox Bros is that it's a perfectly executed basic with enough unique flourishes to make it stand out. It's a great rich brown tone that's dark, but not so dark that it can't be worn with dark navy or charcoal trousers. Not many jackets can be worn just as well with the darkest and lightest of trousers. It has a classic-but-subtle glen plaid that only seems to surface from up close. It has a soft hand that just makes it more pleasant to wear than tweed, without sacrificing too much warmth. And its distinctly autumnal, yet lightweight enough to be worn into spring.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely, I mainly am casual most days, but I enjoy the odd sport coat. Just getting my wardrobe started mainly so need solid/subtle pattern SC's for now, along with being on a budget for clothes so mainly wait until sales to justify. I do wish I got the Harris Tweed Check that was out last FW as I really liked it and would've worked well, but as of now may be a chunky cardigan and maybe a Bottoli Donegal SC, depending on what others Rick has up his sleeve lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads