• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyleT

Reaction score
I can wear 40L so I need more sleeve. Is there enough for your to double back the cuff? I can't stand sweaters with shorty sleeves.
Difficult one for me give a correct answer... maybe try reaching out to Spier

ptfly

Reaction score
Difficult one for me give a correct answer... maybe try reaching out to Spier
Thank you. Sleeve length for raglans aren't typically measure from shoulder as they listed (s/b from CB neck) so the chart isn't helpful for sleeve length.
New model shots are now posted so if I knew what size they are and what their height is I could make a good guess on sleeve length.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks very similar to this one which is one of the best fabrics SM ever used but didn't sell well cuz nobody knows how wonderful that "famed Italian mill" is. Could be because as usual the real emerald color didn't show up on the site. I'm serious this one wears very soft like a Canali and has a very nice drape:

Final piece, I recommend someone kopping this one.
Someone Took your advice 42/46 gone, True, I Have And It Is Something Special! (1) month to go, Nov Chill!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a 38" chest and ends up ordering a shawl cardigan, definitely curious to see how it fits.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If talking strictly SCs and jackets, S&M has it on lockdown, and no one else I've found comes close to the fit, fabric selection, drape, and value.

If talking trousers, MTO anything, they don't. Quality control suffers quite a bit, and the fit from season to season is all over the place.

I pay my local tailor for bespoke options because I enjoy supporting local businesses, and his price is pretty reasonable for trousers and overcoats. No fancy handwork, just focuses on what I ask for, and fit.
Quality (horrible) control suffers quite a bit! :brick:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
While we're waiting for fit pics...
Chunky-sweater-cream.jpg Chunky-Sweater_Camal_16634.jpg Chunky-Sweater-Charcoal_18322.jpg Chunky-Sweater-Moss-Green_18213.jpg Chunky-sweater-navy_16945.jpg

mbb355

Reaction score
Really love the shawl cardigan as a loungier, casual-yet-elegant sportcoat alternative. Looks phenomenal with grey trousers.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need opinions.

I bought the first polocoat Rick and team produced. While it's definitely my favourite garment, I don't wear it much anymore. I'm thinking about buying the peacoat in its place.

Reason being is I wear a suit max twice or maybe 3 times a year. I don't even own a sport jacket.

With a peacoat being more casual, it would go better with my jeans, chinos, crew neck sweaters etc.

What do you guys think?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need opinions.

I bought the first polocoat Rick and team produced. While it's definitely my favourite garment, I don't wear it much anymore. I'm thinking about buying the peacoat in its place.

Reason being is I wear a suit max twice or maybe 3 times a year. I don't even own a sport jacket.

With a peacoat being more casual, it would go better with my jeans, chinos, crew neck sweaters etc.

What do you guys think?
I know lots of people associate only wearing a DB polocoat or overcoat with suits or SCs, but I've worn mine lots with just an OCBD and a scarf underneath, sometimes with an overshirt as well. Possible heresy, but a shawl cardigan underneath too, even if it disrupts the drape of the coat.

I wear a peacoat too with the above, but I just feel more cool wearing the polo coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads