• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S&M DB suit and shirt.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drago brown and green gun check. I still haven’t seen anyone else with this fabric and I still have to get the sleeves shortened 1/2” as they came in at the very end of the acceptable range for the MTO. Sort of my own fault I guess since I waffled back and forth on the sleeve length. I should have gone with my original gut feeling and got them slightly shorter than what is I consider perfect.

Don’t mind the non-ironed pants. I just picked them off the floor for the pics.

2DF9FA54-D636-4FD5-9316-90AC29E5FE0E.jpeg

FCA7999F-C424-4901-868C-EB013D084F12.jpeg

00F137B2-DC54-4295-B425-55EAE4E90251.jpeg

82ABE449-DE71-4C93-AB19-1E829C0E563C.jpeg

432A6F86-1D3B-45D0-BFEE-5110A363D613.jpeg

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pretty much only purchase linen products and I've never had linen shrink, no matter what I do to it.
I tried shrinking a linen shirt so I could wear it untucked, and it did get a bit shorter after it was in the dryer. Although it went back to original size after a wear and the fibres loosened up lol

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
I just graduated from undergrad this past May and decided to treat myself to a new suit. Recently took advantage of the MTO deal S&M ran last week and made my first MTO purchase. Can't wait for the suit to arrive and share the end product with you all.

Also, shout out to @Burzan for being so gracious as to help me with fit and style questions!
Cheers, all.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone tried comparing S&M loafers and the Grant Stone counterparts?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone tried comparing S&M loafers and the Grant Stone counterparts?
It looks like the main differences I can tell is aesthetic differences, like the penny slot size, top moc stitching being wider on the GS, etc. and then GS also having more SPI and the butyl leather outsole compared to what looks like a standard leather outsole on S&M. Then also obviously the leather difference. GS's are definitely more expensive after conversion to CDN for me, and from the boot I just got definitely worth every penny. No duty with USPS=>CP (asked for this over UPS). I am wanting to try a S&M chukka boot to compare soon, however. Maybe later this FW

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads