• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have a pic wearing the navy linen sport coat?

I just don’t want the jacket to turn out lighter than expected I think SM photos have a tendency to make clothes look darker than they really are

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last years Botolli mid grey flannel high rise trouser and a C7 collar navy hairline stripe shirt. Noticed these trousers have a deeper pleat than the SS20 high rise linen Sondrios. ?

_DSC6908.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
So I am tempted by the Natural Linen or Light Brown Linen SC... I remember people saying that these fit small or different than the normal SC. Should you stick with normal chest size? How are 100% linen SC's compared to say a 50/50 wool linen blend?
Also, of the two colours, which would be more versatile?
I got the natural linen, mainly because of the lower price, but also because I liked the lighter color. I have a couple 40Ls in the Neapolitan cut and they fit almost perfectly to me out of the box (I just shortened the sleeves by about 1/2"). The natural linen one was about 3/4" longer in the body than the other two.

I actually decided to wash it and dry it, a couple times. The first time I dried it 10 mins on low, and it seemed to have shrunk about 1/2". But when it was fully dry and and after I ironed it, it went back to the same length. So I wet it again and dryed it completely on medium. I think that made it shrink by about 1/2". Surprisingly, there was no damage to the jacket anywhere else. It was rumpled (which I like) and soft, but it didn't seem that the canvasing or linings shrank at different rates as there was no twisting or puckering. It's at the tailor now for the sleeves to be shortened, but I'll try to take a pic when it comes back.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my 14.5x33 Extra Slim Shirt. Fits great in the waist and sleeve, but definitely tight in the shoulders and back area for my liking. Will stick with Slim for now as it fits me better in those areas. I will need to try a linen in Extra Slim due to those being made typically bigger than the standard cotton in my experience

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the natural linen, mainly because of the lower price, but also because I liked the lighter color. I have a couple 40Ls in the Neapolitan cut and they fit almost perfectly to me out of the box (I just shortened the sleeves by about 1/2"). The natural linen one was about 3/4" longer in the body than the other two.

I actually decided to wash it and dry it, a couple times. The first time I dried it 10 mins on low, and it seemed to have shrunk about 1/2". But when it was fully dry and and after I ironed it, it went back to the same length. So I wet it again and dryed it completely on medium. I think that made it shrink by about 1/2". Surprisingly, there was no damage to the jacket anywhere else. It was rumpled (which I like) and soft, but it didn't seem that the canvasing or linings shrank at different rates as there was no twisting or puckering. It's at the tailor now for the sleeves to be shortened, but I'll try to take a pic when it comes back.
Thanks for input, was also considering purchasing due to them being $199 CDN and that is a great price tbh. Although, don't know if I'd wash any jacket in the washing machine personally lol

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks OK from the front, but from the back it looks too small, center back pleat and lower skirt vent should be lying flat.

How does it fell when worn over the sport coat?
The coat was in a suit bag so the lower skirt was wrinkled up a bit so it’s not sitting super flat, but there is zero chance this is too small.

It’s plenty roomy inside for another layer.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well this has my attention, definitely curious to see the results.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who wears Epaulet Walt trousers comment on which size they take in S&M? Is contemporary or slim more similar in fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads