• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Who has this in the wild and what are your thoughts?

2180-001-112-ss20-jacket-1.jpg

Blue Angle.jpg

Great pricing!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one exactly is the SC you're inquiring about? I have all navy SCs except the Mockolino.
When you’re getting dressed, how do you decide between, say, your navy corduroy, your navy moleskin, and your navy flannel?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you’re getting dressed, how do you decide between, say, your navy corduroy, your navy moleskin, and your navy flannel?
Well let me correct myself. I have had them all, but not anymore. I've passed up the two former because I was not fond of the fabrics. Kept the flannel from last season as I'm more of a flannel person. Was never fond of curdoray and moleskin haven't grown on me for some reason.

But yeah, if you have all three and they're all seasonal items it comes down to combination with the rest of the outfit and what you feel like wearing on that particular day. At some point, when you've accumulated many similar items, it comes down to what you feel like wearing on that day more than anything else.

I don't put to much emphasis on which item to wear as long as it's the right season, I feel like wearing it on that particular day and it looks good with the rest of the outfit. It doesn't have to be perfect imo, just feel personal. If I were to be picky with my clothing I would never get past choosing a tie because of all the options. Wear and enjoy.

cyclemanic

Reaction score
I have this one dropped off for adjustments and can post photos when it's back. Initially took some bad quality try on photos but you can't distinguish the texture and the white and green threads, which doesn't do it justice.

That'd be great if you could! Just took advantage of the MTO sale and picked up the Guabello blue brown gun check, but your photos will help for upcoming purchases

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Switching to the fall wardrobe gives me a chance to bring out this Holland & Sherry MTO I commissioned last year. The cloth is amazing.

View attachment 1466405
Is this cloth still available through MTO? Also, how much lower gorge do you usually ask for?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this cloth still available through MTO? Also, how much lower gorge do you usually ask for?

I requested the cloth on my own via email and they were able to source it for me. This was an early attempt at the low gorge, the newest version available through the MTO would now be like what is on the Marling jackets. The new version is slightly higher and not as wide.

Cloth details:

04322206-9157-4B67-A8C5-D0E242E293AC.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I requested the cloth on my own via email and they were able to source it for me. This was an early attempt at the low gorge, the newest version available through the MTO would now be like what is on the Marling jackets. The new version is slightly higher and not as wide.

Cloth details:

View attachment 1466506
Thanks, appreciate it.

Nsy idea how much you've lowered the gorge on your new MTOs? Trying to understand what effect x inches lower gorge does. Also, what do you mean by not as wide?

EddieK

Reaction score
Question for those who have done MTO trousers before. It recommends at least 2-3 inches extra fabric in the hip area.
I fit fine into a 28 slim fit in the hip area. But my hips measure 36 7/8 and the 28 stock slim fit measurement is 36 1/2. So this makes no sense to me. I have no discomfort at all in the hips and yet it's smaller than my actual measurement but the pants should be at least 38 1/2. So is the extra 2 inches really necessary? I decided to put in an extra inch at 37 1/2 on my MTO order just in case

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate it.

Nsy idea how much you've lowered the gorge on your new MTOs? Trying to understand what effect x inches lower gorge does. Also, what do you mean by not as wide?

I am not too sure on how much it is lowered vs the standard gorge. That jacket was their first time trying it and we found it a touch too low, the marling ones are slightly wider. You'd have to ask @spiermackay just how much this changed and how different it is from say the Neapolitan (which has also been lowered slightly over the years)

By not as wide, I mean the Marling jackets with the new low gorge have a slightly more narrow lapel width.

At lease this was my understanding of the change. Side by side though they are fairly similar looking other than the slight change in lapel width.

soto_nw

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Who has this in the wild and what are your thoughts?

View attachment 1466196

View attachment 1466197
Great pricing!

I actually have both! I love them (though I probably need to add a summer gray/all season grey since I'm heavy on blue right now). They wear fine, the hopsack is very comfortable and wrinkle resistant. I'd say the second one has a bit less "natural stretch", but wears fine

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads