• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can specify in the notes. If you go with full canvas the Milanese buttonhole is free when requested. No charges for the low gorge or extra shirring.
Thanks for quick reply. How are you finding the extra shirring on heavier cloths? I've only combined it with lighter, more casual summer cloths.

Last edited:

DavidKong

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to S&M

Are there big differences between S&M slim and contemporary fit ?
I wear 38R Lazio for suitsupply , which fit shall i go for ?

Thanks

Rotbart

Reaction score
1600888833456.png
1600888851195.png

Ladislav

Reaction score
Ok guys, I promise, I ask about the topic for the last time. Who of You do buy overcoat in one size up in comparison with your regular sc/suit size? I know 1st Step does that. I’m that eager on gathering some meritorious information, as I plan to pull a trigger on some peacoat and as being settled in Europe, I don’t wanna turn up to be unlucky with over coat/peacoat being too tight. Thx

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I promise, I ask about the topic for the last time. Who of You do buy overcoat in one size up in comparison with your regular sc/suit size? I know 1st Step does that. I’m that eager on gathering some meritorious information, as I plan to pull a trigger on some peak coat and as being settled in Europe, I don’t wanna turn up to be unlucky with over coat/peak coat being too tight. Thx
Overcoats from previous seasons used to be on the smaller side and general advice was to size up. Current ones are, per Rick, sized in a way that buying your regular size will be OK. I can't guarantee this as I don't own any outerwear from Spier but that's my understanding. Perhaps you should ask about the specific coat you're looking to buy and someone who purchased it could shed some light on its specific sizing.

CaliforniaTux

Reaction score
Ok guys, I promise, I ask about the topic for the last time. Who of You do buy overcoat in one size up in comparison with your regular sc/suit size? I know 1st Step does that. I’m that eager on gathering some meritorious information, as I plan to pull a trigger on some peacoat and as being settled in Europe, I don’t wanna turn up to be unlucky with over coat/peacoat being too tight. Thx

I have last year’s polo coat and I ordered it in my usual size. It fits well over a sport coat.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
I see the burgundy polo coat up for sale in size 42 and I was considering purchase a size down from my normal suit size(44). Looking at the size chart it should fit with 3 inch extra around chest and waist but that's only if the measurement are true to size. I know I heard that people needed to size up before and I'm here wondering If can size down for it. Looking for any size suggestion on that Burgundy herringbone polo coat?

cr2596

Reaction score
I have a SB overcoat in 40R, and I typically wear a 38. Quite glad I sized up, as it is close to being too tight with an SC, as it is. A 38 definitely would be too tight with an SC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads