• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok gents, so what approach to choose once picking a coat size? SM states that at least polo coats may be chosen in the same size as your sport coat. But apparently that’s rather vague advice. What is your experience?
I order the same size for SCs and overcoats. Works perfectly fine. The overcoats do have room to fit SCs under them. Wearing a SC under overcoats is taken into account. Never have I come across any company that does not take this into account. From my experience, overcoats are always made larger in order to fit SCs under them. Not one company has ever suggested to me to purchase a overcoat that is a size larger than their SC in order to fit the latter under the former.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but there are a bunch of fabrics on sale in the MTO section for sport coats (doesn't seem to be the case for suits or trousers)

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but there are a bunch of fabrics on sale in the MTO section for sport coats (doesn't seem to be the case for suits or trousers)
Didn't notice that before. Thanks. I think I'll have to get that Minnis Tobacco Fresco I missed out on. The fabric is on sale now.

pickergc

Reaction score
All S&M, minus the 1s and 2s.
60917BA1-7DCE-475A-92A9-B51DC58341DC.jpeg
0EAFC4BC-A62C-4BC5-BD26-D92ECC559585.jpeg

hschrapel

Reaction score
To add on to the topic of a few pages back, received my first pair of S&M trousers in the mail yesterday. Was hoping that the Contemporary fit would be roomier than it was, but was disappointed to find that even with a size up, my thighs are quite compressed with these trousers. Overall, I got them on final sale, and the fabric is fantastic, but was wondering if anyone here as stretched the limits in how much the thigh can be let out? I see some excess fabric available, but unsure just how much can be let out. Anyone tried?

pickergc

Reaction score
Lovely outfit! What jacket is that?
It's mid-grey VBC flannel. Last FW they had a neapolitan version, but they mistakenly sent this regular cut from the previous FW season, I believe. I ended up keeping it because I liked the fit so much, with the encouragement of @Eli Curt .

Even the product picture is wrong.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's mid-grey VBC flannel. Last FW they had a neapolitan version, but they mistakenly sent this regular cut from the previous FW season, I believe. I ended up keeping it because I liked the fit so much, with the encouragement of @Eli Curt .
You're dapper, brother. You don't need my encouragement. I just love the drape. S&M cuts nice and close to the chest so it's refreshing when they mistake and send you something completely unexpected and terrific.

P.s. what loafers are those? I passed on your Berwick loafers to someone else as they didn't work for me either. And now my toes feel crammed in Alden tassels and I feel directionless in life due to ill-fitting loafers. How are the S&M loafers? I'd cop em in tassels.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're dapper, brother. You don't need my encouragement. I just love the drape. S&M cuts nice and close to the chest so it's refreshing when they mistake and send you something completely unexpected and terrific.

P.s. what loafers are those? I passed on your Berwick loafers to someone else as they didn't work for me either. And now my toes feel crammed in Alden tassels and I feel directionless in life due to ill-fitting loafers. How are the S&M loafers? I'd cop em in tassels.
Do you have a wide foot? If so you could try Grant Stone... Coming out with tassel's in a few weeks I think, along with available in E width.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I should stay with my normal 14.5x33 Slim or if I should try out Extra Slim, Opinions?

Also, my light blue denim shirt here shrunk a good bit in the wash on delicate and air dry compared to everything else that was washed with it, which was odd. About 0.5-0.75”. Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

• 7D67695B-E097-4BC0-8D46-C7B1B42078EC.jpeg
    7D67695B-E097-4BC0-8D46-C7B1B42078EC.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 82
  • 761B0AA1-60D0-4DC0-801D-31E18DD8E61F.jpeg
    761B0AA1-60D0-4DC0-801D-31E18DD8E61F.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 95

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads