• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tripreed

Reaction score
Did anyone get the Minnis "Mocklino" jacket? I swear that I haven't seen anyone post one. I'm set in the navy blazer department, so I couldn't really justify it, but wished that they had done a green version like the Sid Mashburn one. It seems like such a great jacket, especially for warmer climates, but appears that it hasn't sold well at all.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Did anyone get the Minnis "Mocklino" jacket? I swear that I haven't seen anyone post one. I'm set in the navy blazer department, so I couldn't really justify it, but wished that they had done a green version like the Sid Mashburn one. It seems like such a great jacket, especially for warmer climates, but appears that it hasn't sold well at all.
I haven't seen any either, but I would like to see it as well if someone has it.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it was the last SC to come on the site for SS20 and came late in the season, so that may be why

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have it in MTM and can confirm its awesome.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Patiently waiting for more five pocket cords. Sized up on these last year and think they look a lot better than the TTS pair I have. Both casually and a more #menswear look with a tweed jacket. I just cuff it a bit when wearing a jacket for less break

CF4606E2-9512-4BD1-8841-FF13AC9C1FE8.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patiently waiting for more five pocket cords. Sized up on these last year and think they look a lot better than the TTS pair I have. Both casually and a more #menswear look with a tweed jacket. I just cuff it a bit when wearing a jacket for less break

View attachment 1462891
I feel like you could definitely experiment with a tailor taking a couple inches off the bottom and it would be a great length to leave un-cuffed or alone, to each their own though!

But as far as I know, Rick said they are coming back and may be in stock mid-October, but could be later. Depends when the stock comes in from overseas

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20200921_213629 (2).jpg

"Sweet"
Size 42, No Suit/SC is going under this - Tight with a thin silk on...
20200921_214401.jpg

20200921_211218.jpg

20200921_211423.jpg

You Young Men, All I hear on here is, Slim, Slim, Extra Slim. Well, I like Butter on Everything, so Slim, Slim, Extra Slim come get this Overcoat!
20200921_213913.jpg

20200921_211409.jpg

This is about as good as it gets!
20200921_211810.jpg

Last yrs, SM Cords!
20200921_212541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Have Too Put This Back On The Market!

View attachment 1462970

"Sweet"
View attachment 1462971

View attachment 1462972

View attachment 1462973

You Young Men, All I hear on here is, Slim, Slim, Extra Slim. Well, I like Butter on Everything, so Slim, Slim, Extra Slim come get this Overcoat!
View attachment 1462974

View attachment 1462975

View attachment 1462976

Last yrs, SM Cords!
View attachment 1462978

How much are you asking for the coat? I've got the rust version and had to size down to get the right fit. Surprised it fits you so tight!

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1462970

"Sweet"
View attachment 1462971

View attachment 1462972

View attachment 1462973

View attachment 1462974

View attachment 1462975

View attachment 1462976

Last yrs, SM Cords!
View attachment 1462978
Is it your suit size? I find for the same size it's definitely not designed to go over a sportcoat. Mine was just ok but any sportcoat going under will be really tight.

Ladislav

Reaction score
Ok gents, so what approach to choose once picking a coat size? SM states that at least polo coats may be chosen in the same size as your sport coat. But apparently that’s rather vague advice. What is your experience?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok gents, so what approach to choose once picking a coat size? SM states that at least polo coats may be chosen in the same size as your sport coat. But apparently that’s rather vague advice. What is your experience?

I would refer to their size charts to help me understand if I need to size up or stick to my usual sportcoat size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads