• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any heavier weight navy hopsacks in there? I would love a nice and heavy navy hopsack (320-340 gsm++) for an all season SC.

not really anything other than card 207 for a solid navy. It’s a basket weave and really nice, but not a crisp hopsack.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream cords and the Marling cloth from the RTW jacket.

31E12B9A-9DDC-4967-B30C-AB8DCDEAF71B.jpeg

tripreed

Reaction score
My cotton suit came in. Initial thoughts. The jacket is a 38 slim. It is too slim for my taste, but not tight at all. The pants are a 32 contemporary. I usually wear a 30 pants, but the 30 contemporary pants were very tight on me. The 32s are too slim for my taste, but again not tight. I’m worried about the silhouette once I take the waist in. It may cause the pockets to gape and weird radial lines in the front of the pants.

What do you think?

I think it looks good.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question, I know Extra Slim is slimmer in the chest and waist, but are the arms also slimmer? Considering trying out an Extra Slim shirt compared to my normal "Slim".

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to get one of them, but I mainly wear casual button ups, t shirt under sweater, etc. so don't think I'd get a lot of use out of them, which is unfortunate
That's the perfect wardrobe for a shawl cardigan though, or regular cardigan.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the perfect wardrobe for a shawl cardigan though, or regular cardigan.
I may look into it, but was thinking of getting a merino 1/4 zip instead, and then possibly get the S&M vest as that interests me. However at this point anything can change with what curveballs @spiermackay throws at me every season with shirts lol

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may look into it, but was thinking of getting a merino 1/4 zip instead, and then possibly get the S&M vest as that interests me. However at this point anything can change with what curveballs @spiermackay throws at me every season with shirts lol
All good man, whatever interests you.

NavyHopsack

Reaction score
Question, I know Extra Slim is slimmer in the chest and waist, but are the arms also slimmer? Considering trying out an Extra Slim shirt compared to my normal "Slim".

I've mainly worn Extra Slim and just gotten a Slim in last week. Yes, the Extra Slim is a bit slimmer in the arms. I am 131lbs, 5'7", normally wear 14.5/33 in shirts and 36R slim in jackets. The Slim's work better for me in the chest and armpit area but the Extra Slim is better in the arms. Guess I'll just need to work out my arms more to fit better into the Slim ;)

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've mainly worn Extra Slim and just gotten a Slim in last week. Yes, the Extra Slim is a bit slimmer in the arms. I am 131lbs, 5'7", normally wear 14.5/33 in shirts and 36R slim in jackets. The Slim's work better for me in the chest and armpit area but the Extra Slim is better in the arms. Guess I'll just need to work out my arms more to fit better into the Slim ;)
Okay, think I will try a couple extra slim shirts. I have been wearing the Slim 14.5x33" for the past bit. Sounds like I am the same, the slim fits well in the chest, but a bit too big in the arms and could have a bit more out of the waist; it is still way better than most shirts I bought in the past, however.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Running the last leg of a major project. Trying to complete the race with a bit of sartorial flair.
Neo hopsack sportcoat and trousers: SM
Shirt: SuSu
Tie: Drakes
Braces: Trafalgar
Belgians: Yanko
Make it count today fellas.
1600743678169.jpeg
622DB519-11F8-4DD5-B22A-995D5AEC2CDF.jpeg
DDE159C6-0481-4CA3-A4BB-65921FA6C6B4.jpeg
IMG_4224.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads