• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you look at many pictures of people on SF you'll notice the majority wear their pants much baggier than the average person these days. This forum leans heavily "vintage".
I definitely think there is a bunch of people out there and each person knows what they like in terms of fit. I like slim pants, but definitely not skinny. I got a 28 in the 5 pocket corduroys in the summer and can't wait until they come back in stock as I gained some more muscle in my thighs and just too tight now. While others who have not a lot of muscle in their legs need slimmer pants due to everything being baggy and not following their silhouette. As long as the pants aren't skin tight, or a huge excess of fabric, I think you are good. Just about following the natural contours and balance of your body.

@spiermackay what is the fabric composition of this one?

Almost looks like it is just a brushed wool, but could have a bit of cashmere in it and I would not be surprised

cr2596

Reaction score
I definitely think there is a bunch of people out there and each person knows what they like in terms of fit. I like slim pants, but definitely not skinny. I got a 28 in the 5 pocket corduroys in the summer and can't wait until they come back in stock as I gained some more muscle in my thighs and just too tight now. While others who have not a lot of muscle in their legs need slimmer pants due to everything being baggy and not following their silhouette. As long as the pants aren't skin tight, or a huge excess of fabric, I think you are good. Just about following the natural contours and balance of your body.
I have two pairs of 30 contemporary from last year, if you’re interested. Only washed, never worn.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of 30 contemporary from last year, if you’re interested. Only washed, never worn.
I would be going to the 30 slim this season's drop, not contemporary unfortunately. Contemporary just has too wide of a leg opening for a casual trouser for my taste, I prefer around 14" lol. However if I keep gaining muscle in my thighs I may have to go contemporary in the future lol

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, on these latest jackets I tried out some 2 button and even a 1 button. Jetted pockets are only on this one as well, mostly still patch pockets.

Do you like the 2 and 1 button? I've converted 95% of my wardrobe to 1-2 buttons myself.

Last edited:

Imperatores

Reaction score
I posted a few pages back the fall cloth they will be putting online. I bet they will be up in a couple weeks. Spring stuff hasn’t been decided on yet but will go up next year.

Are there any heavier weight navy hopsacks in there? I would love a nice and heavy navy hopsack (320-340 gsm++) for an all season SC.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier Mackay’s Luigi Botto waffle texture triple patch jacket, from FW18.
794D3E1A-3ABA-4A50-933E-90DC368CC57E.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we're told earlier the cardigans are coming end of Sep?
I would love to get one of them, but I mainly wear casual button ups, t shirt under sweater, etc. so don't think I'd get a lot of use out of them, which is unfortunate

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads