• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like what I like casual or otherwise. I prefer roomier pants. These aren’t tight, just not as roomy as I would like given that these are there more “relaxed” fit

I usually wear a size 30 in most brands. These pants are a 32. The waist can only be taken in so much. A 33 would probably have more issues

The back is messy, but it’s cotton. It’s not tight in the waist at all. There is no pulling at the buttons. It’s just nipped more than I would like. It’s final sale and I’ve worn it once so no go on returning.

AND, I would love to see it (Jacket) un-buttoned, you seldom do, correct? You'll Rock It!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am tempted to try out S&M's custom shirt program with the new price scheme. I want to try a white linen shirt, but also the red worker herringbone. Is there any neat features you can add that aren't visible, like @Burzan was able to do with their SC's? Was tempted to see if they could do the white linen as a camp collar style
You can give custom specs for collars. Spread, rear/front band height.

You can also request a one-piece collar where the leaf and band of the collar are one piece.

A cooper collar has been in the works for a while, it may be possible now too.

I've also gotten asymmetrical sleeve lengths, different cuff widths to accommodate my fat watch, and an adjusted cuff depth as well.

mbb355

Reaction score
My cotton suit came in. Initial thoughts. The jacket is a 38 slim. It is too slim for my taste, but not tight at all. The pants are a 32 contemporary. I usually wear a 30 pants, but the 30 contemporary pants were very tight on me. The 32s are too slim for my taste, but again not tight. I’m worried about the silhouette once I take the waist in. It may cause the pockets to gape and weird radial lines in the front of the pants.

What do you think?

View attachment 1461764
View attachment 1461761

If you're uncomfortable with it, that's one thing. But to my eye, this looks pretty good. It's a casual, cotton suit, so wrinkles come with the territory, it's part of the charm. Not agreeing with all the nay-saying on this.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear a size 30 in most brands. These pants are a 32. The waist can only be taken in so much. A 33 would probably have more issues
I guess I don't really get what they are going for with their pants, since their contemporary feels to me very much like a slim compared to just about anything else I own. I went up three inches in order to get enough room in the seat and thighs, and I found that to be no problem in the taking in of the waist. Yours look a touch small in the seat (with pockets pulling a bit) even on the size up? That's exactly what happened with me. I suppose I wish they offered 'extra slim', then 'slim', then 'classic'. I'd have thought the classic cut was gaining traction these days!

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're uncomfortable with it, that's one thing. But to my eye, this looks pretty good. It's a casual, cotton suit, so wrinkles come with the territory, it's part of the charm. Not agreeing with all the nay-saying on this.
Who are the nay-sayers? It's just a (imho) humble!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeap. The guy got the body to wear a slim as well but must be blasphemy to all the vintage trend seeking new to CM posters. lol

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can give custom specs for collars. Spread, rear/front band height.

You can also request a one-piece collar where the leaf and band of the collar are one piece.

A cooper collar has been in the works for a while, it may be possible now too.

I've also gotten asymmetrical sleeve lengths, different cuff widths to accommodate my fat watch, and an adjusted cuff depth as well.
Cool, I'd definitely get the off-watch cuff slimmer than OTR. Unsure what one-piece or Cooper collars are, but I am guessing they'd be more suited for the dress shirts rather than casual, no?

pmestrad

Reaction score
It's all the Gentlemen Gazette viewers who want to play dress up with their menswear.
I lift weights daily and have large thighs. I am not one of those types of guys who likes things super loose, and actually used to wear slim pants. I am now somewhere in between, as I have realized pants that are too slim makes it difficult to go up stairs due to the tightness and ride up my legs after sitting down. I also would find that the crotch of the pants would slowly wear out. Therefore, I have started moving to pleated pants with more room in the thighs. I would prefer to not go with pleats, however, the comfort and extra movement they allow me makes a big difference.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I lift weights daily and have large thighs. I am not one of those types of guys who likes things super loose, and actually used to wear slim pants. I am now somewhere in between, as I have realized pants that are too slim makes it difficult to go up stairs due to the tightness and ride up my legs after sitting down. I also would find that the crotch of the pants would slowly wear out. Therefore, I have started moving to pleated pants with more room in the thighs. I would prefer to not go with pleats, however, the comfort and extra movement they allow me makes a big difference.
There is nothing wrong with pleats and they are made specifically for your reason.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one of the Marling & Evans cloth coming to MTO. Although this one is a wool/linen so won’t officially show up until next spring, you can request it now if you like. Paired with a Spier turtleneck I picked up last year.

Kirkburton 16750/F6
50% wool 50% linen
Neapolitan cut
Full canvas
Milanese buttonhole
Jetted pockets
3 functional button cuff
1/4 pick stitching

FB279F1C-F9A2-4D67-8380-09B6AC371D3E.jpeg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one of the Marling & Evans cloth coming to MTO. Although this one is a wool/linen so won’t officially show up until next spring, you can request it now if you like. Paired with a Spier turtleneck I picked up last year.

Kirkburton 16750/F6
50% wool 50% linen
Neapolitan cut
Full canvas
Milanese buttonhole
Jetted pockets
3 functional button cuff
1/4 pick stitching

View attachment 1461893

Jesse, you do all 3 buttons sleeves and jetted pockets now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads