• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay pls put the oatmeal peacoat up, I need to buy it before my fiscal sense returns to me
My guess is it will be up end of next week, but could be the following week as well. They seem to only tease items when they are at their warehouse/shop in their hands, so only a matter of time lol

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Spier Mackay should have this fabric in their standard range. Pretty sure it'd sell out quickly. Such a unique yet versatile colour.

What's the price for MTO? Might go that route and just ask them to make it in a standard Neo 40R cut/specs.

you can email them for pricing on the new cloth now.

Would any of the FW M&E cloths be considered a solid or resolving to solid dark blue or navy? @Burzan

this one is a solid navy, same range as my burgundy. I can try and snap a couple more pics in various light for you.

F7E6DEFA-2F93-44E6-9355-8B7EEDF171FC.jpeg

hschrapel

Reaction score
20200919_171750.jpg
20200919_171553.jpg
Only had a 38L instead of a 38R left on this steal, but after a small alteration to the sleeve length, I quite like it.
Featuring also a custom S&M shirt. Waiting for Spier to offer some grenadine ties so I can invest in a dark brown, which I feel would compliment this much better

carterjones

Reaction score
Mine took about 1.5 months, I ordered the same time as you and got the shipping notice around early August. I went with the standard sportcoat and am in the US.
Yeah, I'm also US and my previous MTO orders came in at about 8 weeks so I guess I got unlucky with this one.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of ties, I am looking at getting a few ties for the odd occasion that needs one in my life. Looking for another colour to pair with Med. Gray suit and blue/navy SC's. I have a burgundy Grenadine Fina, and going to be getting a Navy Grenadine Grossa, but what other colours would work? Was thinking of an olive grenadine, but also looking at a charcoal/burgundy wool rep for the cooler months. Looking for versatility. Opinions?

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BTW @spiermackay the spider Mackay website is getting flagged as having a trojan by my antivirus.
This is like the 3rd or 4th time Spier & Mackay site has had this issue. They seem to continuously get nailed with web form hijacking likely through whatever 3rd party payment service they are using because it continues to happen even after they rebuilt their whole site. Personally, I refuse to buy off the site specifically because this happens so often. If you do buy on their site, get a throwaway CC# from your bank first.

thisfits

Reaction score
If you do buy on their site, get a throwaway CC# from your bank first.

Or ... just use PayPal Checkout.

I had two different cards compromised after using the regular checkout on their old site. Since then I've placed three orders with PayPal Checkout and haven't had any issues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads