• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Love the look of this jacket.

Can these be ordered MTO or have I just missed out?

Many thanks

mbb355

Reaction score
Wow this is such a stealthy deal. The color looks fab and at this price for MTO this is a steal. I don't think S&M has ever done a RTW in this cloth?
View attachment 1460061
This is a nice looking cloth on its own but I don't love predominantly grey jackets because they don't pair as well with grey trousers.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a nice looking cloth on its own but I don't love predominantly grey jackets because they don't pair as well with grey trousers.
A POW check of that scale is better as a suit rather than a sportcoat IMO.

mbb355

Reaction score
A POW check of that scale is better as a suit rather than a sportcoat IMO.
But if the jacket were predominantly brown rather than grey, it’d make a great sport coat, and probably not such a great suit.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I linked up with Marling & Evans and @spiermackay to curate a little collection to showcase for the MTO section. There are 4 FW and 2 SS cloths here. Basically the idea was of course to see some of these amazing cloths in action but also to show some of the MTO details that are not on the site but can be requested in the notes. Things like low gorge, patch flap pockets, wine glass shaped patch pockets, patch ticket pocket, number of sleeve buttons, milanese buttonhole (free with full canvas).

Spier should soon have a lot of Marling cloth available online but for now if you are interested in something you can email them and inquire. Marling has a large selection of stock cloth to choose from, these were just some of my personal favs.

2020-09-17 11.24.26_edited.jpg

2020-09-17 11.23.29_edited.jpg

2020-09-17 11.22.41_edited.jpg

2020-09-17 11.25.22_edited.jpg

2020-09-17 11.27.17_edited.jpg

2020-09-17 11.26.16_edited.jpg

mbb355

Reaction score
I linked up with Marling & Evans and @spiermackay to curate a little collection to showcase for the MTO section. There are 4 FW and 2 SS cloths here. Basically the idea was of course to see some of these amazing cloths in action but also to show some of the MTO details that are not on the site but can be requested in the notes. Things like low gorge, patch flap pockets, wine glass shaped patch pockets, patch ticket pocket, number of sleeve buttons, milanese buttonhole (free with full canvas).

Spier should soon have a lot of Marling cloth available online but for now if you are interested in something you can email them and inquire. Marling has a large selection of stock cloth to choose from, these were just some of my personal favs.

View attachment 1460455

View attachment 1460454

View attachment 1460453

View attachment 1460456

View attachment 1460458

View attachment 1460457
That windowpane is terrific. Great post

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1460455

View attachment 1460454

View attachment 1460453

View attachment 1460456

View attachment 1460458

View attachment 1460457
I feel like the lower gorge needs a different lapel cut to work. A slimmer lapel for sure, and something about the notch itself looks off at that height.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That windowpane is terrific. Great post

that might be my fav of the bunch.

I feel like the lower gorge needs a different lapel cut to work. A slimmer lapel for sure, and something about the notch itself looks off at that height.

The low gorge has been through a couple changes. These ones are now higher than my jacket last year, which hopefully works a bit better. Hard to beat the neo but I just felt like that windowpane and burgundy were screaming for the low gorge treatment. I’ll share some fit pics as I work through wearing them all.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, it looks a touch off when presented on a hanger. Being worn improves the look substantially (IMO, YMMV)
Sometimes I get flashbacks to those 90's suits and that's what always has me wary.
that might be my fav of the bunch.

The low gorge has been through a couple changes. These ones are now higher than my jacket last year, which hopefully works a bit better. Hard to beat the neo but I just felt like that windowpane and burgundy were screaming for the low gorge treatment. I’ll share some fit pics as I work through wearing them all.
Yeah I recall you doing a comparison of 3 different gorges on an instagram post, looking forward to the fit pics.

c.bisesar

Reaction score
Wow this is such a stealthy deal. The color looks fab and at this price for MTO this is a steal. I don't think S&M has ever done a RTW in this cloth?
View attachment 1460061

I think they did. The pictures look like different shades but the codes match:

I actually just grabbed this suit the other week

PSX_20200905_190826.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1460455

View attachment 1460454

View attachment 1460453

View attachment 1460456

View attachment 1460458

View attachment 1460457
What do the "wine glass shaped patch pockets" look like? Maybe I am blind or they are on one of the SC's with to much of a contrasting fabric to tell in the photos.
I kind of like the flap patch pockets, would look good on a casual fabric, like a Harris Tweed or something

zewill

Reaction score
Hey, did anyone else receive an email from Spier and Mackay titled "[your name], Congratulations you won!" only to read the email content that says "You didn't win this time but don't worry there will be a new contest in the future."?

Lol got that too... Got me excited only to see it's 15$, valid 2 days only, and I had already ordered 3 boxes worth of stuff that I don't have time to wear... Pass :D
Good try spier, I see what you did there... :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads